Festivus 2012 My Biggest Gripe About VC...

Don't read the ass and breast threads if you don't like the content. You know what is going to be in there. Or do you feel the need to read every thread on the board?

Some people enjoy being directed to the existence of new boobs they have never seen. You could use your logic and say "why do you feel the need to talk about new bands. There is pandora, myspace, youtube, etc". Every piece of information on this board is available somewhere else on the internet.

the quote issue goes without saying.  aside from that I got a few grievances I'd like to air:

1)  people who don't read posts of users with less than 1000 posts.  are you really that arrogant? or is this just a joke I don't get?

2)  anytime someone makes the "is VC getting color copies" joke

3)  any comparison to a person/label operating like RJ or Virgil; also when people reference someone to one of the Blink 182 threads in regards to problems with orders etc. etc.  shit's old news move on already

that's all for now, but there will definitely be more added as festivus continues  :)

new people who join and their first post is trying to sell shit and new people who join with their first post just looking to buy things like deja, clarity, through being cool, alchemy index. with their concurrent posts being bumps of said threads. and when they have no success they are never seen or heard from again.

people saying "shoot me offers" in a want to buy thread. that's not how it works dude. probably goes without saying these same people also ask "how much" when people have 'make an offer' in a for sale thread.

a thread de-volving into a pissing contest that lasts 5 or more pages.

this one goes hand in hand and can't exist without the other; people who use the wrong terminology and people who immediately jump on people who use the wrong terminology.

parody threads. thought they were dead for good but they made a comeback recently with that "vagina appreciation thread" and "squirting appreciation."

20 or more people exclaiming in threads "bought it on xxx color!"    "got a shipping notice!"   "got this in the mail today!"

people who call records sexy

feeding trolls just for the sake of feeding trolls

no more "hot topic should press this" threads

repeated thanks, love you, you're the man, awesome job, you rule and your rock directed at Travis. i think he gets it at this point.

people who only accept payment as a gift, people who pay as a gift and people who think bitcoin is ok.

people being thrown in the terrible buyers/sellers/traders thread for no real reason, just because some kid's record doesnt ship the next day, they don't receive their record in as little as a few days or their record arrived with no damage but they're still not happy with how it was packaged

Don't read the ass and breast threads if you don't like the content. You know what is going to be in there. Or do you feel the need to read every thread on the board?

Some people enjoy being directed to the existence of new boobs they have never seen. You could use your logic and say "why do you feel the need to talk about new bands. There is pandora, myspace, youtube, etc". Every piece of information on this board is available somewhere else on the internet.

seriously.  I don't read the bajillion Thrice threads because I don't fucking like Thrice.  That doesn't mean I want/expect the threads to be removed.  It's not like there are random ass pictures in threads about shit that doesn't pertain to "ass"

20 or more people exclaiming in threads "bought it on xxx color!"    "got a shipping notice!"   "got this in the mail today!"

repeated thanks, love you, you're the man, awesome job, you rule and your rock directed at Travis. i think he gets it at this point.

spot on with these. Hate sounding like a miserable prick, but a thread is a lot more enjoyable when there are fewer but more substance filled posts. I'd have 1,000+ posts too (which apparently determines whether or not you are a worthwhile human being) if I let everyone know every time my tracking updated from Frog Balls, AR to Bell Gardens, CA. 

edit: I mistakenly put the fictitious city of Frog Balls in Alaska, when it is actually in Arkansas according to George Carlin. 

3. Less excitement about terrible music from junior high on vinyl. I hated junior high. I have better taste now than I did in junior high. Let's not pretend that the godawful music we all listened to then is worth archiving on vinyl. We have limited resources on this planet, and if any more of them are wasted on Sum 41 records the world is going to start spinning faster in an attempt to throw us all off.

4. Finally, the ass & titties appreesh threads are gross. Not the content so much as the comments: It is disgusting how quickly men on the internet reduce themselves to high schoolers in a locker room, talking about who you'd feel up and whether some woman's breasts can "make up for her face". It's disgusting. Not to mention that like 30% of the Internet is devoted to showing you naked women in whatever form you can imagine. Go to the nsfw sections of reddit if you want to be casually misogynistic in the company of others.

spot on with number 3. senses fail, sum 41, and the starting line do not deserve your money in 2012.

as for number 4, you're not even right. 90% of the comments without pictures are "who is she?" or dat ass gifs.

I am surprised that I didn't make anyone's list.

My only gripe is the fact that Juan gave me a warning point for cyber bullying.

Oh, and Hipster isn't mod yet. He should be.

My resolutions for next year are:

- Setting up one or two VC Meet-and-Greets over here in the midwest-ish area. My floors will be open for travelers and they will mainly involve lots of spinach dip and drinking. INB4 spinach dip=sex.

- Making someone's VC-Gripe list in 2013.

my gripes:

the quoting issue

a daily limit of likes, BECAUSE WHY ARE YOU LIMITING OUR POSITIVITY?!

40,000 thrice threads, and not even a response any time i've talked about miniature tigers

but my number one...

that maaaaaydee and dash still havent done the genital waltz.

but my number one...

that maaaaaydee and dash still havent done the genital waltz.

I can only take so much rejection... he really despises me

my opinion doesn't really matter, and I have no gripes. I really like most of you. Seems like some of you occasionally try to see who can be the biggest asshole, but I mean, It's an internet forum full of men, it's bound to happen.

I don't get why people have animosity toward anyone with less than X amount of posts, everybody here had a low post count at one time.  However, I do understand why it would be aggravating that a low poster would post something somewhat annoying, but that really has zero relevance to their post count.  

I definitely agree with the "like" limit, I'm trying to keep it posi bro, just let me keep it posi.

As far as the junior high reissues go, "one person's trash is another person's treasure", nobody should be told that their taste in music/collecting/whatever is awful.  I think some people in here listen to shitty bands, but I know that I definitely listen to some suckassfest music.

Please, at no point in time, take this as a negative post.  I promise at no point in time was this meant as a dick post, nor was it directed at any certain individual, as I think everybody on here is a pretty rad cat.  

my opinion doesn't really matter, and I have no gripes. I really like most of you. Seems like some of you occasionally try to see who can be the biggest asshole, but I mean, It's an internet forum full of men, it's bound to happen.

i'm also going to retire that joke now

#1 - if you have less than 1000 posts, EVERYONE CAN SEE YOUR POSTS...get over it, you are not special

#2 - so much horrible music being pressed/repressed

#3 - No Flicker

Nailed it...I am guilty too, but ask controlthebleeding, I am an asshole in real life too. B)

My least favorite thing which is more of an internet thing and less of a VC thing, though it does apply, is the moral high horsing. All the righteous indignation over trivial shit drives me fucking crazy.

We get it. Your online persona isn't an idealized version of you that you carefully curate, rather an accurate reflection of your perfectness in real life. Feel free to stop letting me know every chance you get.