Festivus 2012 My Biggest Gripe About VC...

If I see one more dude talk about getting a boner or cuming their pants over a piece of vinyl I think I might lose it.

Beyond being pathetic, it is slightly gross. Leave your computer behind and get out a bit more if you're sexually aroused by a record.

Feel free to share your own if you have one.

Long threads about represses and threads about really good new records being ignored.

For a record to be repressed it means it is one that is loved by it's fans, usually by a well established bands. New artists have to work to at it. That's the way it goes.

Quoting issue is my biggest gripe!

If I see one more dude talk about getting a boner or cuming their pants over a piece of vinyl I think I might lose it.

Beyond being pathetic, it is slightly gross. Leave your computer behind and get out a bit more if your sexually aroused by a record.

Feel free to share your own if you have one.

I would kill for that record on vinyl.

Two responses later there is a link to it on discogs. So you would kill for the record, but can't do a simple internet search.

If you want to talk about gross, what about that dude who had a giant drawing of a vagina in his sig for a while.

I'm I big fan of the body part but I don't want it staring in my face while I am reading about my vinyl. Whoever that was either got banned or forced to take it down I'm assuming.

Maybe this is a little unfair because I guess on rare occasions it's necessary....but when any thread reaches this bottomless pit of an exchange:

Guy 1: Just got shipping confirmation!

Guy 2: I did not get shipping confirmation! What do I do? 

Guy 3: I don't know man, but I too have received shipping confirmation!

Guy 1: Hell yea D00D!

Guy 2:  :( Oh no! Travis has the shipping department shipped my record yet?

Guy 3: Yea bro! Can't wait to spin it!

Guy 2: TRAVIS PLEASE HELP THANKS!

Travis:  :mellow: call customer service. 

Guy 2: OH OKAY THANKS FOR THE RESPONSE AWESOME VINYLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I'm not crazy about repeated questions over and over in every thread. Besides that I have no problems. The stuff I really dig is always under the radar so the threads I frequent aren't as much of a clusterfuck as some others.

I find that I am in the same boat. A majority of this board does not share the same taste as me. I would say maybe one or two posts out of 10 are about a band I care about.  

-what's this worth

-does anyone know pressing info yet ?

-thrice,brand new,city & colour,blink 182 threads

-i bought this record and the corner(s) are dinged or there is seam split

-USE AN EXTRA FUCKING PEICE OF CARDBOARD TO PROTECT THE RECORD RECYCLING PLACES HAVE MOUNTAINS OF IT.

-cassette revival I'll say it I don't care i've always loathed this format and there is no reason to be selling brand new tapes for $10

- and while i'm bitching not so much vc but record store day went to shit quickly the idea was great at first

This whole board sucks. I wish Flicker would come back and bring some much needed meanness back to the boards.

2013 board resolutions:

1. More respect for upstanding labels and distros, less respect for whiny shitheels with 30 posts. Not every label that takes 5 days to ship your record or sends you the wrong thing by accident is "sketchy".

2. Less talking about your wallets being mad at you. I get it, you're financially irresponsible. Your wallet is probably mad at you because you just bought 5 identical copies of something and you should be buying food.

3. Less excitement about terrible music from junior high on vinyl. I hated junior high. I have better taste now than I did in junior high. Let's not pretend that the godawful music we all listened to then is worth archiving on vinyl. We have limited resources on this planet, and if any more of them are wasted on Sum 41 records the world is going to start spinning faster in an attempt to throw us all off.

4. Finally, the ass & titties appreesh threads are gross. Not the content so much as the comments: It is disgusting how quickly men on the internet reduce themselves to high schoolers in a locker room, talking about who you'd feel up and whether some woman's breasts can "make up for her face". It's disgusting. Not to mention that like 30% of the Internet is devoted to showing you naked women in whatever form you can imagine. Go to the nsfw sections of reddit if you want to be casually misogynistic in the company of others.

4. Finally, the ass & titties appreesh threads are gross. Not the content so much as the comments: It is disgusting how quickly men on the internet reduce themselves to high schoolers in a locker room, talking about who you'd feel up and whether some woman's breasts can "make up for her face". It's disgusting. Not to mention that like 30% of the Internet is devoted to showing you naked women in whatever form you can imagine. Go to the nsfw sections of reddit if you want to be casually misogynistic in the company of others.

nailed it.  

Not sure that this is really in the spirit of Festivus, it definitely wouldn't be with Chrismitzvah, but I am a man of the people.

It sure is, it's the Airing of Grievances. It's the most important tradition to participate in besides the Feats of Strength (which we can't do via internet)

It sure is, it's the Airing of Grievances. It's the most important tradition to participate in besides the Feats of Strength (which we can't do via internet)

"Welcome, new comers. The tradition of Festivus begins with the airing of grievances. I got a lot of problems with you people! And now you're gonna hear about it!" - Frank Costanza

So you like dudes, that's cool man.