Recently Viewing

Just finished up Lords of Salem and the Maniac "remake" with Elijah Wood.

Lords of Salem was good. Definitely different than the usual Rob zombie movie. 

I went into Maniac with very low expectations since I like the original and was pleasantly surprised. The use of the 1st person camera angle throughout was a different touch. Was a bit over the top on the gore at times but that was clearly what they were going for. 

I went into Maniac with very low expectations since I like the original and was pleasantly surprised. The use of the 1st person camera angle throughout was a different touch. Was a bit over the top on the gore at times but that was clearly what they were going for. 

I watched that the other night as well. It was enjoyable but I agree with the bit over the top at times. I didn't know it was a remake, I'll have to check it out.

finished watching parker with jason statham.  good if you like a mindless action movie.

on my last episode of Derek with Ricky Gervais.  I usually love what he does but this show just isint making me laugh and its supposed to be funny.  They throw a bit of depressing material in as well which is odd...

Yeah I was surprised by Derek and the amount of depression that is in it. 

Just watched Bad Milo last night and really enjoyed it.

This is the second "horror comedy" to come out this year that I was pleasently surprised by (the first being Hell Baby).

In BM Ken Marino did a great job and has a great supporting cast. A bit of decent gore, a lot of ass jokes. Worth a rental for sure.

Just watched Bad Milo last night and really enjoyed it.

This is the second "horror comedy" to come out this year that I was pleasently surprised by (the first being Hell Baby).

In BM Ken Marino did a great job and has a great supporting cast. A bit of decent gore, a lot of ass jokes. Worth a rental for sure.

Hoping to check out Bad Milo as soon as possible.  Will probably end up waiting for the DVD.

Where can I watch this for free? Worse case scenerio I will order the bluray, but I've wanted to check this out for years and hate paying $25+ to watch something for the first time...

its on hulu plus and you can probably get 2 weeks free right now if not just pay 8 bucks for one month and watch it and all the other great criterion films they have

its on hulu plus and you can probably get 2 weeks free right now if not just pay 8 bucks for one month and watch it and all the other great criterion films they have

Sweet, I already am a hulu plus member but hadn't checked in a while. I can't use it right now due to it being region locked and me being out of the country, but I'll be home this weekend and will watch. Thanks!

Can't believe I missed the discussion around A Serbian Film and Nekromantic! As fucked up as it is to say, I liked ASF although I can't say it was enjoyable to watch. It's so fucked up but leaves you with so many visual images engrained in your head, it's a movie I don't think I'll ever forget. I downloaded it initially and then bought the blu ray when it came out but I've never gotten around to watching it a second time, maybe one day...

Nekromantic is super silly but it's cool for what it is. Basically shot on like a VHS camcorder but the makeup effects are cool for such a low budget old movie. The last scene had me and my roommates literally cracking up. Still fucked up though!

Just watched the original Halloween, great movie. I always want Jamie Lee Curtis to pick up the knife and stab Michael Myers in the face a bunch at the end of the movie. Dumb hoe!

I just finished Zero Charisma on VOD

I watched that a few weeks ago and enjoyed it.  Wasn't great, but it was worth a once through.

Just watched the original Halloween, great movie. I always want Jamie Lee Curtis to pick up the knife and stab Michael Myers in the face a bunch at the end of the movie. Dumb hoe!

I watched Master Pancake do a riff on that last weekend, it was a blast!

I haven't seen the remake of Carrie, but it seems like it might have been a really missed opportunity to make a movie that "says something" about bullying and sexuality, since those are pretty huge topics right now.

But then I got thinking about it, and if you were going to remake a horror movie with those themes...Sleepaway Camp. Totally.

I like horror movies because they are basically the lowest form of garbage culture, but they speak volumes about the time and culture they resonate in. You see gratuitous violence and salacious storytelling, I see something that captures the zeitgeist in a way absolutely nothing else can.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe it was mentioned, but netflix struck a deal to air 4 original shows based on Daredevil, Jessica jones, iron fist, and Luke cage, followed by a defenders mini series.

The amount of comic stuff coming out right now is unreal. With Arrow and the upcoming flash spinoff, I'm not sure I can keep up with them all.

Watched Pacific Rim -- pretty much would describe it as "a WWE movie with tens of millions of dollars of special effects".

I like that description.  I kind of thought of it as a big budget giant monster movie.  I will agree with the C rating too.

Maybe it was mentioned, but netflix struck a deal to air 4 original shows based on Daredevil, Jessica jones, iron fist, and Luke cage, followed by a defenders mini series.

The amount of comic stuff coming out right now is unreal. With Arrow and the upcoming flash spinoff, I'm not sure I can keep up with them all.

I never thought superhero/comic movies and TV shows would reach an over saturation point for me, but it's happened.