Recently Viewing

Guardians of the Galaxy - Excellent. Lived up to all of my high expectations and to all of the hype. Chris Pratt is gonna be a huge star and I'm really looking forward to seeing how he does in the new Jurassic Park.

Snowpiercer - I liked it, but it required a ton of suspension of disbelief. Especially for the gritty tone it was trying to set.

I'm kinda pumped for Jurassic World because they have gotten back to the idea of a theme park where chaos ensues, instead of another story where they are just moving through an island forest of dinosaurs. The change in state from order to disorder is the critical theme in the first one. 2 and 3 are just random encounters with dinosaurs (which sucked).

At least, that's my optimistic theory. If they can't get this one right, they should just put the franchise to bed until it is remade in 20 years.

I'm kinda pumped for Jurassic World because they have gotten back to the idea of a theme park where chaos ensues, instead of another story where they are just moving through an island forest of dinosaurs. The change in state from order to disorder is the critical theme in the first one. 2 and 3 are just random encounters with dinosaurs (which sucked).

At least, that's my optimistic theory. If they can't get this one right, they should just put the franchise to bed until it is remade in 20 years.

Exactly my thoughts. I'm excited

I was expecting They Came Together to be a lot funnier because the online buzz was it was a return to the Wet Hot American Summer style for David Wain. Still had enough bits to be an enjoyable watch.

Jut got out from seeing Lucy. Fun little B-movie. Ridiculous, stupid, and hilarious but a fun and fast 80 minute ride.

To a previous post: The Crash Reel is awesome.

As someone who has been through three concussions with the last one being pretty significant (Not like that though) it gave me chills. Some of the scenes and conversations were really hard for me to watch. Highly highly recommended.

I was expecting They Came Together to be a lot funnier because the online buzz was it was a return to the Wet Hot American Summer style for David Wain. Still had enough bits to be an enjoyable watch.

That's exactly how I felt.  I'll watch anything Wain directs, but this was a bit of a let down.

I just watched Ping Pong Summer, well 30 minutes of it. Turned it off, couldn't take it any more. Not sure if it was one of those movies that is purposely trying to make it seem like the actors have a brick in their ass, but holy fuck it was uncomfortable to watch. Please avoid at all costs. 

I just watched Ping Pong Summer, well 30 minutes of it. Turned it off, couldn't take it any more. Not sure if it was one of those movies that is purposely trying to make it seem like the actors have a brick in their ass, but holy fuck it was uncomfortable to watch. Please avoid at all costs. 

Haha, I didn't think it was that bad.  It was total cheesy, bad 80s movie to me (even though it's a contemporary film) and I found it pretty entertaining.  You aren't wrong about the rigid acting though.

Yesterday was my first day off in forever so I went hard on the movie watching:

Lucy - Dumb and fun. Solid B-movie.

The Purge: Anarchy - Another solid B-movie. Not great, but had an old school John Carpenter feel to a lot of it. Could have been better, ending kinda sucked. Needed a synth score.

Captain America: The Winter Solider - One of the better Marvel movies. Way better than the first Cap.

Goodbye World - Decent collapse of society flick. I kinda had a panic attack for unrelated reasons in the middle of it which kind of hampered my enjoyment.

Step Brothers - Still hilarious. Just what I needed to calm me down a bit.

Blue Ruin - Solid slow burn revenge flick. Would recommend.