Recently Viewing

Got all caught up on the most recent episodes of Shameless last night.

I'm enjoying this season a lot.  I've had plenty of complaints about the previous three seasons, but it seems like they've finally hit the perfect balance of drama and comedy.

Watched a few movies last night, first was The Human Race.  The idea was a lot better then the execution.  I don't know how a movie that had people constantly exploding was a bit boring, but they somehow managed to do it.

I also watched Thor 2 : Thor Another Day.  It was ok, but it seemed to be a 'by the books' big budget action movie.  I think I liked the first one better, but mainly because it was pretty cheesy and fun to watch because of it.

My local library does free movie nights every Tuesday, usually old 20's-60's movies. Happened to go this week for an anti-Valentine's Day flick, He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not. It's a French movie and really good and slightly nuts for anyone looking for something different.

Which library does that?

Finally caught up with sons of anarchy. Shit went down and they are setting it up for a good final season.

Gonna try and watch all of mad men in preperation for final season.

Watched hitchcock. Hopkins was great in it.

Next up fruitville station tomorrow night.

I honestly couldn't handle the season finale of SOA. I can't look at a barbecue fork the same way ever again.

I saw Robocop late last week and thought it was decent. I've never seen the originals, I'll get to them this week. Just got home from About Last Night, and I thought it was really good, aside from a few basic plot points that come up in every romantic comedy, it was enjoyable. One of the best comedies I've seen in a while.

I also finished Breaking Bad sometime last week.

Watched Bling Ring.  Wish I hadn't.  It really is just a movie about spoiled brats robbing spoiled celebrities. Boooring.

I mean isn't it supposed to be a critique on the fetishizatoin of celebrities in our society? Much like Spring Breakers critiques our culture's obsession with hedonism?

I mean isn't it supposed to be a critique on the fetishizatoin of celebrities in our society? Much like Spring Breakers critiques our culture's obsession with hedonism?

It honestly was not that well made.  Those may have been the intentions but it was not properly executed at all.  There was no real character development.  And while that may have been so as to not have the viewer sympathize with these kids, it did a huge disservice to really portray that point.

So yeah.  It was really boring.  And it really banked on the Emma Watson speaking in an American accent and loud club music. Just my opinion though!

It honestly was not that well made.  Those may have been the intentions but it was not properly executed at all.  There was no real character development.  And while that may have been so as to not have the viewer sympathize with these kids, it did a huge disservice to really portray that point.

So yeah.  It was really boring.  And it really banked on the Emma Watson speaking in an American accent and loud club music. Just my opinion though!

I can definitely see that. I haven't watched it yet, but now I'm extra curious.. I'll try to watch it soon and let you know what I think!