Recently Viewing

I honestly don't get the love for these movies. People act like they're the most disturbing/disgusting movies ever made and I wouldn't even put them in the top 10. Just my opinion though

I can't really say I love them, they're not that great. I'm just curious as to what Tom Six will do with the third one. And I completely agree with you..they're really not too disturbing. How do you feel about A Serbian Film?

Also watched the Wolf of Wall Street, fan-freakin'-tastic

Watched Dallas Buyers Club last night and wasn't very impressed.  The acting was incredible but the script just seemed to lack a certain umpf that could have tightened up the story.

The girlfriend made me re-watch Kill Bill since I haven't caught it since it was in theaters decades ago.  Re-watching it only reminded me that it's still my least favorite Tarantino flick.  

I can't really say I love them, they're not that great. I'm just curious as to what Tom Six will do with the third one. And I completely agree with you..they're really not too disturbing. How do you feel about A Serbian Film?

I think A Serbian Film makes the Human Centipede movies look like a Disney movie haha

Also watched the Wolf of Wall Street, fan-freakin'-tastic

Watched Dallas Buyers Club last night and wasn't very impressed.  The acting was incredible but the script just seemed to lack a certain umpf that could have tightened up the story.

The girlfriend made me re-watch Kill Bill since I haven't caught it since it was in theaters decades ago.  Re-watching it only reminded me that it's still my least favorite Tarantino flick.  

I think you're the only other person (besides me) I know of that doesn't really like Kill Bill.  Like you I haven't watched either since I saw them in theaters, but I remember not caring for either of them when all my friends loved em.  And I'm a huge Tarantino fan otherwise

I think you're the only other person (besides me) I know of that doesn't really like Kill Bill.  Like you I haven't watched either since I saw them in theaters, but I remember not caring for either of them when all my friends loved em.  And I'm a huge Tarantino fan otherwise

I'm the same. Love Tarantino. Kill Bill is just so boring though. Can't stand it. My gf loves it though

I think if you watched it again, you might like it a little more. I didn't like these at first either, but I gave them a second chance and thoroughly enjoyed both of the Kill Bills. I wouldn't say it's Tarantino's best, but still incredibly solid films. 

Watched a few movies yesterday. Elysium, Man of Steel and Prisoners.  Prisoners was fan-freaking-tastic!! I loved the intensity of the film. It was a great late night movie, but a little long at almost 3 hours. Elysium and Man of Steel were both pretty good too. I wouldn't watch them again, but I would recommend to others. 

Here's what I watched this week.

Dark Star - Bad science fiction.  It wasn't unwatchable, but it was rough to sit through the whole thing.  Unless you're a huge John Carpenter fan, I'd avoid it.

The Wicker Man (1973) - A little dated and a tad predictable, but I enjoyed it overall.  The last thirty minutes plays out really well.  All the singing in the movie was very odd.

Planet of the Apes (1968) - Thought I'd seen this, but I hadn't.  It was entertaining, but I wouldn't watch it again.

The ABCs of Death - It was fun to watch.  It was very much a mixed bag, but I enjoyed it overall.

All The Boys Love Mandy Lane - Recommendation from this thread.  I liked it quite a bit.

Gravity - I thought it was very good, but I don't really understand why it got all the attention it did when it was initially released.

Cashback - Fell flat for me completely.  Very sub par workplace comedy.

Your Sister's Sister - I liked it.  I can't really think of much to say about it though.

Also finished watching Sports Night (Aaron Sorkin doing a late 90s sitcom didn't work well) and Fawlty Towers (so damn funny, don't know how I hadn't seen it before).

I think if you watched it again, you might like it a little more. I didn't like these at first either, but I gave them a second chance and thoroughly enjoyed both of the Kill Bills. I wouldn't say it's Tarantino's best, but still incredibly solid films.

Watched a few movies yesterday. Elysium, Man of Steel and Prisoners. Prisoners was fan-freaking-tastic!! I loved the intensity of the film. It was a great late night movie, but a little long at almost 3 hours. Elysium and Man of Steel were both pretty good too. I wouldn't watch them again, but I would recommend to others.

Kill Bill was a re-watch for me, yet still terribly meh

Have any of you seen the Japanese cut of Kill Bill : Vol. 1?  It isn't drastically different (and won't change your opinion of it), but I think it's worth watching if you come across it.  One of the biggest differences is that The House of The Blue Leaves scene is in color and has no music (just sound effects).  I think the changes were made for the US version to keep it at an R rating.

not really sure why, but I thought Oblivion was pretty good.  watched that over the weekend on HBO.  took the wife out to go see American Hustle on sunday, really enjoyed that movie.  was actually really surprised at how silent the movie was.  there was barely any music track played during the film which was refreshing.