Recently Viewing

Just checked out Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit. It was a decent spy/action movie. Not nearly as good as the past couple Mission Impossible or James Bond movies, but it was a fun watch.

Also, I've watched the first three seasons of Breaking Bad in the past 4 days. If I didn't have to work out of town this weekend, I'd probably finish it by Saturday or Sunday.

I've been on a Comic Book Men binge lately, and I can't get enough. I love it. But I can't help but think about a show similar to this about a record store. As much as I love Comic Book Men, I feel like a show all about vinyl would be killer.

It's kinda been done with "high fidelity", just as a movie.

I'm with you in the sense that it is all about the people. Get the right people in a room and it will come together. Music is just so diverse, though, in comparison to comics. I don't think it would be practical.

High Fidelity is such an awesome movie, I love it.

I know what you mean by it being impractical. I think one of the few ways that it would only be able to work is if you there a few more famous musicians or something who really know what they're talking about on the show. I just don't know who it would be. It's an awesome idea in my head. A dude can dream, right?

In the past week I've seen Her, Walter Mitty, Rush, Lone Survivor and started watching the Office. Her is insanely good, I loved it! Walter Mitty was pretty good, but I also have a thing for kristen wiig. Rush is one of the better racing movies I have seen. Lone Survivor was also fantastic, the end of the movie is a tearjerker for sure. And I don't know why I didn't start watching the Office sooner, it's fucking hilarious.

My fiance loves the Flowers in the Attic books, so we just watched the Lifetime movie of it...

I thought...how bad could anything with Ellen Burstyn be...

Worst piece of fucking shit garbage ever...

Just a miserable miserable cash grab with no value what so ever...I know no one here will watch it...but if for some reason you think its a good idea...just don't...please...spare yourself...

In the past week I've seen Her, Walter Mitty, Rush, Lone Survivor and started watching the Office. Her is insanely good, I loved it! Walter Mitty was pretty good, but I also have a thing for kristen wiig. Rush is one of the better racing movies I have seen. Lone Survivor was also fantastic, the end of the movie is a tearjerker for sure. And I don't know why I didn't start watching the Office sooner, it's fucking hilarious.

I semi-recently started rewatching all of the seasons because I never saw the last three. I'm now on season 6 and it's not horrible, but it's not the same without Steve Carell bottomline. Still good though.

I semi-recently started rewatching all of the seasons because I never saw the last three. I'm now on season 6 and it's not horrible, but it's not the same without Steve Carell bottomline. Still good though.

I think season 6 is where it really started to go downhill and never really picked back up.  The last two seasons were downright bad.

We're now about finished with season 1 of Bob's Burgers.  Soooo great.

I love Bob's Burgers (and am bummed there isn't a new one on tonight, stupid football).  I think it's one of the funniest things on TV right now and there isn't really anything that has quite the same humor.

It took me a few years, but I've finally watched every episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000 in chronological order.  I'd seen a decent amount of the later seasons (they were airing when I was in high school), but I hadn't seen a good chunk of the earlier ones.  It's still easily my favorite show after 10+ years and I'm glad that I've seen them all now.

Based on your list it's probably not your favorite kind of music (ramones-style pop-punk) but the Riverdales last album (Tarantula) is songs mostly inspired by mst-3k

A friend of mine mentioned that album quite a while ago and blanked it!  I'll download it when I get home and give it a listen this week.  Thanks for bringing it up, I probably would have completely forgot about it.  I enjoy that style of music, but I never really dug in past Screeching Weasel and The Queers.