Recently Viewing

Yeah let's be cops was pretty disappointing but still entertaining enough for me to sit through.

I watched Horns this morning. I thought it was pretty awesome, and I'm usually not a fan of movies with overt biblical subtext. Aja's filmmaking has definitely become more refined over the years, and I love that he broke away from the conventional horror film with this one. He is one of my favorite directors out there.

And why are British people so good at doing American accents yet it's never the same the other way around??

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw a guild screening of Interstellar. Does "holy shit" count as a review?

I feel the same way. It was jaw-dropping, batshit crazy, heartbreaking, and ultimately hopeful all at once. In 50 years I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this gets viewed as our generation's 2001. It was that good.

There are definitely some problems with the movie (I mean the movie is built around a literal plot hole so those hoping it makes total sense are out of luck). But if you focus on those minutiae, then you really miss the grandeur of the rest of it.

In A World...: It was one of those movies that was kinda just "there." It was supposed to be a comedy but it wasn't really that funny and there were obviously some moments that were meant to be more "emotional" but I didn't really feel enough for any of the characters to really care.

Starred Up: This was incredible. A very realistic (I assume?) look at prison life in the UK. Plus all the performances where top notch. I highly recommend this one.