Recently Viewing

Interstellar was great. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. A lot of emotional scenes. I Suggest everyone see it in theaters because it was so powerful.

Did the movie movie seem waaaay too loud where you saw it? I figured it was just the theater I was at, but I've read a few reviews where people said the film's sound was mastered crazy high.

Interstellar was crazy loud where I saw it as well. I enjoyed it, but was expecting more visually stunning space scenes. I agree it was a very emotional film, but there was a lot of story and the timeline at the end seemed a little confusing to me. The film left me with some questions that I feel could have easily been answered within the 3 hour movie.  Gravity still takes the cake for one of the best sci-fi films I've seen in the last couple years. 

Intersetellar

Eeeeeehhhhhhh. It was alright but I'll never watch it again. The whole ending, last 30 minutes or so, was just a mess. Really dug the score but my theater cut the sound as soon as the credits started because it was 1am and they wanted to go home. I was kinda pissed.

Intersetellar

Eeeeeehhhhhhh. It was alright but I'll never watch it again. The whole ending, last 30 minutes or so, was just a mess. Really dug the score but my theater cut the sound as soon as the credits started because it was 1am and they wanted to go home. I was kinda pissed.

Damn, that's lame of them to cut it off. Glad I'm not the only one who wasn't blown away by Interstellar. 

Went and saw Birdman (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance) last night. I thought it was brilliant!! It was dark, but not too dark, and really funny. Everyone in it was fantastic and I can definitely see Michael Keaton winning awards for his performance. Can't say enough great things about this film. I loved it. 

I saw "Whiplash" last night. As a drummer and former member of a jazz band, I loved it.

This afternoon I saw "Interstellar" in IMAX, and thought it was fantastic. I'll go see it again for sure. I love anything Christopher Nolan touches, so I knew I'd like it, but I was really blown away by it.

Got to see "Jingle Bell Rocks" a couple nights ago. It's coming out on dvd as part of record store day/black friday. It was really enjoyable. If you don't know what it is, it's a documentary about christmas music collectors, mostly vinyl, and their search for rare songs. They go on to meet and interview some of the people involved in the creation of these songs. I highly recommend this for anyone browsing these boards.

watched they came together. I thought it was awesome. David wain going back to wet hot american summer form.

Also never watched american horror story up until most recent season so starting from the beginning. As of now i like seaon one better. I am about the same amount of episodes into the first season as are available for the current season and i feel there is more of a lull in the current season compared to season one.

watched they came together. I thought it was awesome. David wain going back to wet hot american summer form.

Also never watched american horror story up until most recent season so starting from the beginning. As of now i like seaon one better. I am about the same amount of episodes into the first season as are available for the current season and i feel there is more of a lull in the current season compared to season one.

Yeah, I would say the current season of AHS is the worst thus far. Season 1 and 2 are the best, in my opinion. 

22 Jump Street: Fucking hilarious. On par with the first.

Sin City: A Dame To Kill For: Never thought a Sin City movie would be so dull. The visuals were great but it was just boring. Rewatch the first instead.

Watched both of these recently, didn't care for either. I love the first Sin City, but like you found the most recent one a bit dull. Eva Green however... yowzers.

I didn't care much for the first Jump Street so I wasn't surprised to not care much for the new one. Meh. I guess if you loved the first one, you'll dig this one.

Watched both of these recently, didn't care for either. I love the first Sin City, but like you found the most recent one a bit dull. Eva Green however... yowzers.

I didn't care much for the first Jump Street so I wasn't surprised to not care much for the new one. Meh. I guess if you loved the first one, you'll dig this one.

Yup... the only thing I could recommend about SC2 is Eva Green in all her glory. Was worth the $1.62 just for her.

I've been to the theater twice this week. Saw John Wick and Interstellar.

John Wick was great. I've always been a fan of Reeves (I know a lot aren't), and was immediately on board for this one. It's really simple and really straight forward. Basically an enjoy your popcorn and not think too hard action movie. Really dug the fight scenes. Definitely worth watching.

Interstellar I saw yesterday afternoon and I'm still processing. So very much the opposite of John Wick earlier in the week. Nolan throws a ton of stuff at you. Space, Gravity, Relativity, Time, Love, Humanity, Matt Damon, multiple dimensions, physics, etc. I was really enjoying the movie till almost the end. Then it got weird (no spoilers of course), and then finished really strong. I have yet to decide if the really weird part was enough to sour me on the film or if as a whole the movie works so well and is so visually stunning and well acted that the weird part can be overlooked.

There is also a real possibility that I don't understand the science and theory of "the weird part" and that is the reason I find it so weird. It's very possible those in the know or more well read on the subject understand it better and thus enjoyed it (or even potentially disliked) this piece of the movie more than myself.

It's the kind of movie that my Dad loved (he sat next to me super giddy and kept telling me how "it's just like Stargate") and that had my Mom seen it she would've been checked out 10 minutes in and hated every second in the theater. She wouldn't care enough to get through the science of everything to enjoy a really strong story of love and humanity and survival.