Recently Viewing

I'm finally getting to see "American Sniper" tomorrow night (along with I am sure 90% of the country since it's been in limited release) and I am really looking forward to. I saw all of the other "best pictures" the weekend they came out in my area. I am surprised that "The Theory of Everything" was nominated for best picture while "Foxcatcher" was left off since they can include up to ten nominations (which is too many, IMO). I am still awaiting "A Most Violent Year", "Still Alice" and "Cake" to be realized in this area to make my best of 2014 list. And now I am interested to see "Two Days, One Night" which I had completely missed anything on that until now.

I thought "Birdman" was beyond amazing and the second best / favorite movie I saw this year it's just a shame for such an amazing film to come out the same year as "Boyhood" as I feel that movie has deserved every good thing and more that has been said about it and every award it has won are all deserved. It really made me feel something and it was very, very special to me. I was shocked and very happy that "Whiplash" got nominated for best picture and J.K. Simmons deserves the best supporting actor nomination / win. I am still in shock that "The Lego Movie" was snubbed so hard for best animated feature not only by the Oscars but the Golden Globes. 

I really need to see all these new movies; I refuse to see them in theaters because it's just not the same with German dub. Guess I'll wait until they come out on DVD or pop up on YouTube.

Speaking of which, I just saw The Evil Dead there and ... I really should've watched something else at 3am.

Black Mirror is so fucking good. Their recent Christmas special was probably the best episode so far.

And regarding House of Cards, you better hurry and finish both seasons because the third one will come out in a month. I can't wait to binge-watch it.

I hear Black Mirror is cool. Maybe i can watch a bit before all the BBC shows get pulled from Netflix. Over the holidays i binged watched Broadchurch - it was really good. Proababy better than the american remake.... The wife and I are two epidodes into the 2nd season of "the fall." It's good to see Scully again.

In the last week I've rewatched season one of New Girl and continued on into season three now. Not sure why I ever stopped watching. I was prompted to pick it back up after I caught a couple episodes of the current season and laughed a good bit.

Show looks like it should be terrible but it's one of the smartest, funniest shows on TV. Really underrated.

I hear Black Mirror is cool. Maybe i can watch a bit before all the BBC shows get pulled from Netflix. Over the holidays i binged watched Broadchurch - it was really good. Proababy better than the american remake.... The wife and I are two epidodes into the 2nd season of "the fall." It's good to see Scully again.

When are the bbc shows supposed to get pulled from Netflix?  I have like 5 i have lined up to watch...

Watched "Frank" tonight.

Very strange at times, but also very good. It's on Netflix Instant so go check it out!

I thought it was very strange, touching, sad, funny and interesting all at once. It was definitely one of my favorites from 2014. The scenes when he first discovered Frank and the band had me in stitches.

• 2 weeks later...

Watched Life After Beth and The Interview last night.

Life After Beth was really disappointing. It was cool seeing the actors together but it wasn't really funny at all. Plus the zombies acted like they were "possessed" not zombies.

The Interview was pretty great though. Felt like they were trying too hard to be funny sometimes but I sill enjoyed it.