Am I the only one who feels like it's an obligation & almost hypocritical to give Christmas presents/gifts to someone who you feel doesn't deserve anything at all?

No, I feel that way too. I usually do anyway, just usually something cheap, just so I don't have to deal with the backlash.

Am I the only one who feels like it's an obligation & almost hypocritical to give Christmas presents/gifts to someone who you feel doesn't deserve anything at all?

I typically only give presents to people I really care about, and spend a lot of time trying to perfect a gift that they will appreciate - but then again, I think that's fun itself.

Besides in cases where a gift is given to you from those type of people, what other instances are you really expected to give presents?

any luck chkadea,from our convo last night?

I left for Michigan this morning at 6, so I didn't wait around to stop at the bank. She said she'd call if/when she has any news, but at this point, I'm expecting not much to be done.

Thanks for asking :)

How's your day going? Hoping you get to enjoy some bomb diggities today!

I love how I was in the middle of eating my greasy ass pizza for lunch, and one of the heads of the department decided to come by and shake my hand for Christmas. I was like, my hands are greasy, mainly because I didn't want his germs and whoever else's hand he already shook, but he made me shake his hand anyway. I can't even eat in peace.

Don't give them anything! I've finally gotten it down to where my family doesn't exchange gifts with me, and we got my wife's family down to secret santa. Nephews still get stuff, but adults are done gifting :)

Though my sister did send me a box of cookies, which is rad.

I only get gifts for my parents, my two sisters and my nephews. I only get stuff for my parents because I want to, for all the stuff they did for me, even though they always tell me not to get them anything. I did end up spending a lot on my nephew's, which actually made buying gifts more enjoyable.

I've told my family not to get me gifts too, but they always make me have something to open on Christmas day. I'd rather them use the money for themselves or my nephews.

this is one of my favorite things to do.

I can sit there drinking a beer while reading about records and be left alone. It's pretty great.

I then went to another bar and they were having trivia night. It's was the media round and I cleaned house.

TV shows included:

Gilmore Girls

Seinfeld

Friends

The OC

Not only was I the only solo team, but I won, and got free drinks. I then drunkenly hit up the girl I'm seeing Star Wars with today. We watch Parks and Rec. And then didn't watch Parks and Rec, if you know what I'm sayinnnnn.

I don't do Christmas for multiple reasons. All religious shit aside, giving a grown adult a gift is just asinine to me. That's what a job and Amazon is for, buy your own shit whenever you want. Plus most people don't deserve shit.

How about instead of buying someone a present once a year for Christmas, you're less of an ass for the year.

I can sit there drinking a beer while reading about records and be left alone. It's pretty great.

I then went to another bar and they were having trivia night. It's was the media round and I cleaned house.

TV shows included:

Gilmore Girls

Seinfeld

Friends

The OC

Not only was I the only solo team, but I won, and got free drinks. I think drunkenly hit up the girl I'm seeing Star Wars with today. We watch Parks and Rec. And then didn't watch Parks and Rec, if you know what I'm sayinnnnn.

Nice.

How about instead of buying someone a present once a year for Christmas, you're less of an ass for the year.

I can dig this.

TV shows included:

Gilmore Girls

Seinfeld

Friends

The OC

Not only was I the only solo team, but I won, and got free drinks. I think drunkenly hit up the girl I'm seeing Star Wars with today. We watch Parks and Rec. And then didn't watch Parks and Rec, if you know what I'm sayinnnnn.

You're kind of the greatest.

TV shows included:

Gilmore Girls

Seinfeld

Friends

The OC

I was once stranded at a mall chain resteraunt bar because my car died and had to wait for my girlfriend to get out of work. Trivia started and I figured "fuck it." She texted me from the parking lot right as the last round started. I had such a lead that even though I ghosted I definitely still won.

You should have gone back the next day and demanded your price. What are the prizes for trivia anyway, just free drinks? I only ever went to a bar once when they had trivia, and I was too drunk to play or care.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic