Chillin out, maxin, relaxin all cool... Just finished breaking bad!

Worked 12 hours straight on my feet today with no lunch or breaks and didn't eat anything all day. Nothing will get me out of this bed tonight

It's always great to just relax after a long day of work. Grab some food and just ill out!

Got tomorrow off too?

It's always great to just relax after a long day of work. Grab some food and just ill out!

Got tomorrow off too?

Naw, being a supervisor in retail I never get any holidays off...ever. But it's all good, stoked to get that double time. Then I get Tuesday and Wednesday off following tomorrow. Definitely looking forward to that! :)

Please don't be rude this is a serious endeavor I'm considering I know it's expensive. I meant can somebody explain the steps to get a record pressed and how expensive each step is.

A record label shouldn't be a serious career path. Ask anyone here, especially people that have been doing it a long time and they will tell you it's fun and they love it but they don't make a living at it. I started one because I had some extra money and some friends that I believed in, but at the end of the day I have a real job that pays my bills.

A record label shouldn't be a serious career path. Ask anyone here, especially people that have been doing it a long time and they will tell you it's fun and they love it but they don't make a living at it. I started one because I had some extra money and some friends that I believed in, but at the end of the day I have a real job that pays my bills.

Oh I don't know then I probably just open up a record store, then maybe press an album. I just want to have a career path than involves something that I enjoy, pays well and makes me happy. You feel?

I can comment on the same level as Mark - had money around and wanted to help support my friends (even though I ended up replacing their guitar player...)

Also, if you are serious, which I'm assuming you aren't honestly...you'll learn much more researching things yourself than just asking people what to do. You also need to have a product that people will buy and has appeal...and based on some of the stuff you post in all seriousness, I'm not sure that's your strong suit. But what the fuck do I know?

I can comment on the same level as Mark - had money around and wanted to help support my friends (even though I ended up replacing their guitar player...)

Also, if you are serious, which I'm assuming you aren't honestly...you'll learn much more researching things yourself than just asking people what to do. You also need to have a product that people will buy and has appeal...and based on some of the stuff you post in all seriousness, I'm not sure that's your strong suit. But what the fuck do I know?

I don't know. I just want to have a job that's not dull and will make me happy. I might save up and do it when I'm 30 something. In all honesty I might open up a record store in a downtown area, and skip college or I might go I don't know probably not going to do college I'm one the fence about it

and I would have pressed this first: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wn8igSeiCI

It's a really good instrumental hip hop album. (My favorite tracks are at 8:26 and 24:10)

It was either that or The Neighbourhood - I Love You Then I would slowly make my way to indie and folk punk pressings

I just want to have a career path than involves something that I enjoy, pays well and makes me happy. You feel?

Everyone feels this when they're young. it doesn't happen for most people.

and you aren't going to make a lot of money running a record label.

Everyone feels this when they're young. it doesn't happen for most people.

and you aren't going to make a lot of money running a record label.

This 100%. I lucked out and found something I love (psychology) but most of my friends changed their majors/careers a bunch and most still aren't happy. My dad gave me great advice when I was looking at colleges and trying to pick a major. He told me to think of the lifestyle that I wanted and to figure out how much it cost. Then he told me to look for a career that would support that lifestyle and that I could see myself doing. That's what led me to picking psychology (which pays pretty well) rather than photography (doesn't pay we'll at all). I loved both those career paths but one would let me live comfortably and the other wouldn't. At the end of the day if you have to do something for 40ish years you better like it and it better provide the type of life you want. Finding that for yourself is the hard part.

You will make a ton of money if you follow this advice.

Step 1 - Get people to pre-order a 7th pressing of a Blink 182 record.  Have it be on Glow in the dark rainbow colored Vinyl.

Step 2 - Take the money and run.

Step 3 - Start up a "new" label and follow steps 1 and 2 but with a Fall Out Boy record.

Then what's the point? Whats the point of waking up everyday if you're not happy. So you can get a fucking paycheck, most of which doesn't even go back to you? I don't want that to happen to me, I don't want to only work just because, it makes money, because I'm not happy in such a position. I don't want to wake up one day in my 30s and say "where did I go wrong". Because at the end of the day every living creature dies alone and if you don't strive to make yourself happy. Then what do you have?

Like I said though I'm probably not going to press a record until I'm like 40 something, I might open up a record and music store because that pays well and it involves things I enjoy.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic