Eh... Nicknames of friends in my hometown crew... Chocolate pudding, Beaner, Chips, & Mexico. I'm with madie, I didn't know these people's names until we became friends on Facebook. Peeps from back in the day call me Bonus.

Bonus, i need to know why they call you that. need to know

I've laughed at so many of the names in here.

So, I had a dream last night that I finally got a copy of a record that I had been looking for almost forever. I woke up and was so excited to play it. After freaking out while looking through my collection it dawned on me that it was just a dream. 

Not a good day so far..

What record was it?

Bonus, i need to know why they call you that. need to know

I've laughed at so many of the names in here.

It's really not that interesting of a story...

When I was 15 my BFF took me to my first big kid cool kid drunk time party at her brother's house. After he introduced his sister to the room he couldn't remember my name so I said "I'm just a Bonus" since I wasn't even really invited to that party anyway. So everyone at the party called me that. Little did I know that I'd become friends with everyone there, and that everyone I'd meet over the next 4 years would be through them and they'd introduce me as such as they didn't know me by any other name. It just became a thing I had no control over.

Yea I saw Savages for the second time last night.. Such a kickass show. I have the biggest crush on the drummer, she's such a fucking babe and I've got a thing for drummers. She was eating at the bar I was drinking at really wanted to go sit down next to her but didn't wanna be a creep...

i was at a party, and when it settled down we played board games. we all introduced each other...there were about 6 of us.

when it was my turn a girl says "its your turn Orlando"

"Orlando?"

"isnt that your name?"

"no"

"well, you look like an Orlando"

thanks. thanks for that.

When I was in high school, my government teacher was gone and had to have a sub. He put nicknames down for everyone in the class, so when the sub called role no one knew who he was talking about. I was Possum and a few others in the class were Bones, Empyre, Sawtooth, Troy and Diane. After that he called us all by our nicknames for the rest of the semester. He was a funny guy but a horrible teacher. He would turn on The West Wing and just sit at his desk wrapping tape on baseball bats. When the episode was over he would have us open our books and act like we were reading in case the principal was walking by.

I found a Providence, RI comp in Santa Rosa, CA. I'm from providence and this is all the music I came up with: Royal Crowns, Dropdead, Thee Hydrogen Terrors, Lightning Bolt... It feesl great to hear this stuff after all these years (Royal Crowns "Shiverin' In The Corner" in particular since I haven't heard it before on vinyl and I've always hoped to see their S/T get released on this medium).

Solid purchase. Great tunes.

Also, Ashton - I've known many people with the name Ashton, both boys and girl. Not sure why people think that one's hard...

Oooh really? That makes me happy that you know multiple Ashtons, haha. I will admit that as I've gotten older, the name has become more popular and the difficulty has lightened up. Mostly because of Mr. Kutcher, but I still run into people who assume I'm Ashley.  Or they think that I should be a dude and they second guess themselves and think I'm Ashley based on my gender.  I had a photo framed recently and when they called me to tell me it was ready, they said "tell Ashton his frame is ready to be picked up."  So I said "Alright, I'll tell him. Thanks."  Le sigh.

The other day at work I had called & left a message with someone and when they called back and asked for me (they actually said Ashton), I said I was speaking and then put them on hold while having the phone cradled in my neck and I heard the woman say to herself "oh it must be Ashley, not Ashton" thinking I had put the phone down.  I just don't know. lol.

Just came back from a Built to Spill gig here in Frankfurt.

It was brilliant and Doug Martsch is a fucking hero!

*internet high-five*

They're playing two shows here in SLC on this tour. One in October and one in November. I'm really excited for them. I'm interested to hear how the new band members play. What was the setlist like?

Just came back from a Built to Spill gig here in Frankfurt.

It was brilliant and Doug Martsch is a fucking hero!

Another internet high-five for you, sir! BtS are my favorite band in the world and Doug is my musical idol. He is the man.

*internet high-five*

They're playing two shows here in SLC on this tour. One in October and one in November. I'm really excited for them. I'm interested to hear how the new band members play. What was the setlist like?

New band members rule. Saw them play a few times with them and it was great. Jason (bassist) was already one of my favorite musicians. Duster are one of my favorite bands next to BtS. Seeing them three more times this year including a New Year's Eve show! I can't fucking wait.

And setlists have been pretty standard. Check setlist.fm to get a general idea.

New band members rule. Saw them play a few times with them and it was great. Jason (bassist) was already one of my favorite musicians. Duster are one of my favorite bands next to BtS. Seeing them three more times this year including a New Year's Eve show! I can't fucking wait.

And setlists have been pretty standard. Check setlist.fm to get a general idea.

Checking these setlists is getting me super excited. They're playing some great covers from the likes of Dinosaur Jr, New Order, Neil Young, Captain Beefheart, Pavement, and The Smiths. I can't wait.

Have you heard this song? I stumbled across it the other day. I can't really understand the words, but I've had that guitar part stuck in my head for a while.

New song starts around 7:30

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic