is your bed/box spring already on the floor?

No, my frame is this old black top bunk bed. For whatever reason, when they were setting up my room they couldn't use the bottom bunk? I hit my head off the poles ALL the time. They're nice for like...necklace storage hahaha but that's it. 

It's really chunky and my room is small, so it just makes me feel claustrophobic. 

No, my frame is this old black top bunk bed. For whatever reason, when they were setting up my room they couldn't use the bottom bunk? I hit my head off the poles ALL the time. They're nice for like...necklace storage hahaha but that's it. 

It's really chunky and my room is small, so it just makes me feel claustrophobic. 

in that case i'd just put your bed and box spring on the floor and see if that helps with the squeaking.

I'm going to ditch the box spring first and see if it's better. I know normally box springs make it god awful, but it's worth a shot. 

There is way too much under my bed that will not have a home if I try to get rid of the frame. Plus if it doesn't help, I'll have to reassemble the entire thing.

Idk, I'm pretty conflicted with what to do. 

but I have bad night terrors and eeeeveryone in the house can hear when I toss and turn. 

Pretty awful.

Oh man, a record I've been wanting for a while is on eBay for $40 right now, and it has less than 16 hours left. That's the first copy I've seen for sale in months, and the cheapest I've seen it in a while, but the seller only has two feedback ratings (both positive, and both as a seller, but for things other than records) and wants to charge for expedited shipping.

Should I cave and get it, or should I follow my neurotic suspicions and let it slide?

Oh man, a record I've been wanting for a while is on eBay for $40 right now, and it has less than 16 hours left. That's the first copy I've seen for sale in months, and the cheapest I've seen it in a while, but the seller only has two feedback ratings (both positive, and both as a seller, but for things other than records) and wants to charge for expedited shipping.

Should I cave and get it, or should I follow my neurotic suspicions and let it slide?

They might not ship it well and you get a busted copy. But if you really want it, you should get it and just specifically walk them through packing it properly!

I’ve been going to the shooting range with my dad. Still thinking about getting my own handgun. I have reasons though... My old apartment was broken into twice. one of the times they came directly through my bedroom window, stepped all over my bed leaving huge timberland boot footprints, went through my underwear and bras, and walked right out the front door all while my roommate was freaking the hell out in her room. (I was gone for the weekend). I also have a mentally unstable ex.

and... I live in a bad area now. A few weeks ago I was there with Mr. bruise alone, roommates were gone. It was about 2 am and we had both JUST fallen asleep when we heard a huge crash downstairs. Like someone swiped a load of dishes off a table. so we’re both like oh shit someone just broke in. I pretty much woke up screaming. So we’re looking at each other like what are we going to do, he starts looking around for something heavy but there’s nothing in my room. So at that moment, I definitely wished I had a gun. We called the cops... it ended up that this huge framed posted fell off the wall onto our liquor table, causing all the bottles to fall to the ground. (kind of embarrassing, but the cops were cool about it)

that whole incident just made me wonder what we would have done if someone had broken in, or if I had been in my bed when someone crawled through my window. I did have pepper spray, but that’s it.

Yikes.

I've been thinking of getting one as well, and possibly a concealed carry permit. I spend a lot of time driving around the wilds of Michigan, and may end up living in Ypsilanti before too long, which can be kind of scary. I haven't had any specific incidents like you have, yet...but...you never know. My dad was assaulted driving home from work one night, and there have been a few times when I'd have felt safer having something more than a cell phone on me. I've had to make so many late night, country drives, often on 2 lane highways in the middle of nowhere.

I've always been one to try to stop and help people, too. It's a little different now that everyone has cell phones...but yeah.

My dad was a rifle instructor and drill sergeant for many years. I was raised with a proper respect for firearms. I have to wonder about people who accidentally shoot themselves. The fundamental rules I was raised with - ALWAYS assume it's loaded, don't point it at anything you aren't ready to destroy, safety always on - would prevent most of these "accidents."

Most of these people that want licenses to carry seem to think they're Charles Bronson or something, like they're going to rise to the occasion when the shit goes down. THOSE are the people that scare me.

I'm going to be so paranoid about driving alone at night when I get my license. Especially because Pennsylvania back roads are terrifying. That probably wouldn't ever make me carry a weapon, but I'm always going to have the spooks.

Also, my body is having an awful a lot of fun staying up until midnight and then going "let's wake up at 6am!"

I normally don't sleep much, but I at least want to make it to 7.

My boss is making me teach the technicians and inspectors a class on Excel and Word.  Why.

i have to regularly show my attorneys how to attach things to emails. and how to bold and un-bold things. actually, one doesn't even know how to select text, copy, or paste.

and these people are making 4 times what i am.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic