My original transfer was to Orlando, but the promotion is in Fort Worth, Texas. Texas is ideal for obvious reasons (music scene, food, better atmosphere, job market), but my gf's mother, step father and sister live in Dumas, which is 6 hours away. Bonus perk

Cool!  It sounds like all around it'll be a positive move =]

My original transfer was to Orlando, but the promotion is in Fort Worth, Texas. Texas is ideal for obvious reasons (music scene, food, better atmosphere, job market), but my gf's mother, step father and sister live in Dumas, which is 6 hours away. Bonus perk

fort worth is great! (ok, what's REALLY great is how close it is to san antonio and austin, haha) my best friend lives there and i visit a couple times a year. congrats!

That's so exciting! 

Orlando would have gotten boring after awhile. EXCEPT DISNEY WORLD.

Cool!  It sounds like all around it'll be a positive move =]

fort worth is great! (ok, what's REALLY great is how close it is to san antonio and austin, haha) my best friend lives there and i visit a couple times a year. congrats!

Fingers crossed. Haha. I have to interview for the position, but the hiring manager has contacted me several times telling me that she hopes I apply for it. I interviewed for another position she had open but I didn't get it, so she knows who I am. I'm super excited that it's really close to Austin and that if I want to go to a beach, Houston is only 4 hours away. Hah. Thanks!

That's so exciting! 

Orlando would have gotten boring after awhile. EXCEPT DISNEY WORLD.

Hahah. Disney would have been a plus, but the cost of living I don't believe is very doable. I would essentially have to live close to the city. 2 bedroom apartment in Orlando = 1100-1500; 2 bedroom apartment around Fort Worth = 650-900. Not to mention all of the tolls you have to pay, etc. But thank you for your excitement Logan!

Why don't you ask me directly?

I didn't want to make a bad situation worse on accident.  I didn't want it to come across as me grilling you negatively about your statement when I was just genuinely curious about it.  & PMing you didn't seem like it would be in my best interest either, lol.

I didn't want to make a bad situation worse on accident.  I didn't want it to come across as me grilling you negatively about your statement when I was just genuinely curious about it.  & PMing you didn't seem like it would be in my best interest either, lol.

So you didn't want to make it worse, but you open it up to the floor in here for people to discuss me behind my back? I'm really not trying to be confrontational here, but that really isn't the best way for things not to get misconstrued. At least one person misread that and hit me up to make me aware. 

So you didn't want to make it worse, but you open it up to the floor in here for people to discuss me behind my back? I'm really not trying to be confrontational here, but that really isn't the best way for things not to get misconstrued. At least one person misread that and hit me up to make me aware. 

Dude, relax.  I was just wondering.  You were in the Man Advice thread talking shit about a situation you know nothing about just to get your two sense in while people were trying to move on.  I didn't want to participate in that and was genuinely curious about what could've happened to make you not believe this mysterious "them" when they try to make amends (I guess?) with you.  This is a message board, I can't really talk behind your back.  Believe me, if I had malicious intent, I would've made it known.  OR I would've PM'd someone to trash talk you so you wouldn't know (ie- talking behind you back).  The fact that I said what I said should be proof in itself that I wasn't trying to be mean to or about you.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic