the one thing I”m not looking forward to about moving to a new state is making new friends, especially girlfriends. I’ve had the same ones since I was 7. I’ve made a ton of acquaintances, but no one I bothered to put as much effort into as my main ones. best friends are a lot of effort and I was always content with the ones I had.

I just want to get past the awkward friend stage and get right into best friend stage with someone, dammit. how do I ask a girl to hang out? I DON’T EVEN KNOW

how do I ask a girl to hang out? I DON’T EVEN KNOW

I'm pretty sure some sort of ritualistic dance and sacrificial offering is involved.

the one thing I”m not looking forward to about moving to a new state is making new friends, especially girlfriends. I’ve had the same ones since I was 7. I’ve made a ton of acquaintances, but no one I bothered to put as much effort into as my main ones. best friends are a lot of effort and I was always content with the ones I had.

I just want to get past the awkward friend stage and get right into best friend stage with someone, dammit. how do I ask a girl to hang out? I DON’T EVEN KNOW

i have literally never had a close group of girl friends. probably because i don't do 'girl' things. my best friends in high school were all guys, except for one girl. my best friend now who is a girl lives in Texas, and my sister is probably  my other closest best girl friend.

obviously i have no idea how to make friends with girls ahaha.

i have literally never had a close group of girl friends. probably because i don't do 'girl' things. my best friends in high school were all guys, except for one girl. my best friend now who is a girl lives in Texas, and my sister is probably  my other closest best girl friend.

obviously i have no idea how to make friends with girls ahaha.

I have no idea either!!! I would have no friends at all if it wasn't for my boyfriend. All the girls I hang out with are my boyfriend's sisters and our friends who are couples. I don't really have any close girl friends except my sister who I don't see that much anyway. I guess I'm kind of a home body looser who watches too much tv…. :(  This does not help you at all. 

I guess just hope that you meet some cool girls at your new job and whatever friends bb has. Hopefully they have cool girlfriends you click with. 

I honestly had like 0 friends that were female until a few years ago. My one really close friend was my manager at PacSun and then my other group of ladies used to come into Bagel Bar all the time when I was working. 

Basically, the only way I know how to make friends is through jobs.

(and the internet, my internet friends are such beautiful humans)

i WISH i could make some friends at work. sadly, everyone here is old enough to be my mom. the ones who aren't are guys who are attorneys and don't really 'socialize' with the support staff.  i DID have a good friend here, but she left in January because she's doing clinicals for nursing school.

i WISH i could make some friends at work. sadly, everyone here is old enough to be my mom. the ones who aren't are guys who are attorneys and don't really 'socialize' with the support staff.  i DID have a good friend here, but she left in January because she's doing clinicals for nursing school.

I made new friends when I moved to Portland and now the main one that kind of keeps my group together is moving, and my friend who moved out here after me is probably moving too. Making friends is HARD if you don't have people at work to be friends with.

When I worked at coffee shops and stuff I hung out with work people all the time, now I don't though. All the people from my work live pretty far from me.

Exactly. I don't work in an office setting, my friends I made from Bagel Bar were just regular customers...not the people I worked with. 

My friend Jen was my manager at PacSun, but I don't really hang out with anyone else I worked with back in those days. 

I imagine it's a lot harder to make friends in an office type setting.

it's funny; my friend and i talked about EVERYTHING at work, and were very similar people in a lot of ways, but we liked toooootally different music, movies, etc and did way different things in our free time. i think we hung out outside of work maybe twice in 2 or 3 years. but at work, man, we had inside jokes, people would call us by each others names, if one of us wasnt there, they would ask the other one where we were, etc.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic