Anyone ever use on of those diy tire plug kits? Are they hard to use, last a while? It's like $20 to get a tire plugged these days.

They are pretty simple, and last a good while. You can get a kit that has 5 plugs for like $8. I would recommend you get it inspected first at least so you know if a DIY plug will do the job. If it's just a nail or screw then you'll be good. But if it's an old tire, get the tire replaced.

http://www.amazon.com/Slime-1034-A-T-Handle-Tire-Plug/dp/B000ET525K

Most tire shops will patch it for free from my experience. I've had tires patched at multiple shops and I've never been charged for it. I bought a set of tires for my old car a few weeks ago and found a small nail in one of the tires. I bought a kit and tried patching it myself and failed because the hole wasn't big enough for a plug. I ended up taking it to a tire shop the next day and they patched it for free.

It's a screw, in the thread. It's very visible, mocking me.

I've never had a place patch/plug for free. Well, when I was still working at AAA, the tow truck drivers did hook me up and did it free once.

Most tire shops will patch it for free from my experience. I've had tires patched at multiple shops and I've never been charged for it. I bought a set of tires for my old car a few weeks ago and found a small nail in one of the tires. I bought a kit and tried patching it myself and failed because the hole wasn't big enough for a plug. I ended up taking it to a tire shop the next day and they patched it for free.

That's just plain good luck. I've never heard of an auto place doing anything involving labor / materials for free. Looking sure, but no repairs.

Samesies. Flats fixed for free suckas.

Just had a tire plugged for free today myself.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic