That is certainly a tough spot to be in. Sometimes you just have to say fuck it and take a chance though. You can't make yourself miserable just to survive, it'll only make you bitter and stressed out. I'm at that tipping point in my life too, and I've already given myself a goal to finally do something I want in the fall. Our country puts too much emphasis on a good 9-5 job is the American Dream, and if you don't conform to it, there is something wrong with you. It's nice to see people finally breaking that mold and trying something new. Big business ruined this country, and small businesses are helping to bring it back. IMO anyway,

Starting the process of moving my relatively small (~400) collection into my new place, which is about 100 miles away from where I live now. Moving records around blows.

I'm not looking forward to moving mine across country in the fall. I'll probably grab a few of these.

Starting the process of moving my relatively small (~400) collection into my new place, which is about 100 miles away from where I live now. Moving records around blows.

I'm not looking forward to moving mine across country in the fall. I'll probably grab a few of these.

I moved about that many records last year. It sucks. A cheaper box is the small Uhaul moving box. I think at a Uhaul place they are $1.

That is certainly a tough spot to be in. Sometimes you just have to say fuck it and take a chance though. You can't make yourself miserable just to survive, it'll only make you bitter and stressed out. I'm at that tipping point in my life too, and I've already given myself a goal to finally do something I want in the fall. Our country puts too much emphasis on a good 9-5 job is the American Dream, and if you don't conform to it, there is something wrong with you. It's nice to see people finally breaking that mold and trying something new. Big business ruined this country, and small businesses are helping to bring it back. IMO anyway,

I've worked with two small businesses (this being one of them) and my consensus is that they are totally dysfunctional and just bc theyre small they get away with putting a lot of money in the wrong areas. I don't think small business is the answer, unfortunately.

I have too many things to take care of on a monthly basis to just take a risk. I'm a sick individual, lol. It sucks.

I moved about that many records last year. It sucks. A cheaper box is the small Uhaul moving box. I think at a Uhaul place they are $1.

I have a few milk crates that I've been using, but I'll probably look into some sort of boxes like the ones you guys mentioned. Luckily I can move all my records over the course of the next month, so I don't have to do it all at once.

Moving them all the way across the country would be such a pain though! Makes my situation seem a bit easier.

i really want to quit and do photo full time, but i dont think itll ever happen bc of my medical history. (can't afford benefits on my own.) i also don't think i'll find anyone to pay me what i make here. its so expensive here and while my boss drives me nuts when trying to actually do my job, he pays me really well.

i wish youd get that big break. your photos are gorgeous and need to get all the attention in the world.

Everything is evil then :(. Yeah, some small businesses suck, and some are good, just like major corps. I'm talking more of starting your own business, but that's obviously not an easy thing to do regardless of circumstances.

i wish youd get that big break. your photos are gorgeous and need to get all the attention in the world.

aw cholly youre so nice to me =[ =[ =[ =[ i have a lot of improvement to do still lol.

Everything is evil then :(. Yeah, some small businesses suck, and some are good, just like major corps. I'm talking more of starting your own business, but that's obviously not an easy thing to do regardless of circumstances.

i do have my own business. i'm a registered llc, etc. it's just hard to get it off the ground lol. especially when everyone's got a friend who will take photos for free!

real life: my boss just walked in and asked if i finished the task he wasnt here to do with me and also failed to send to me so i could do it on my own.

oh my god

Bosses are fucking stupid sometimes. We all just need to be our own bosses. Where can I see these beautiful pictures you take?

I hope you said that to him.

hell yes i did. he sent them to me just now. he left again.

Bosses are fucking stupid sometimes. We all just need to be our own bosses. Where can I see these beautiful pictures you take?

i wanna be my own boss so bad!

www.ashtonpopiel.com

www.pop-images.com

www.thistleandburr.net

:)

Apparently I am going to turn into a doomsdayer.  I just broke down and bought some silver to "invest" in.  I've thought about for a long time but just broke down and ordered 10 oz.  I think I'm going to start doing it a few times a year, depending on prices.  

I'm sure there are oodles of better investments out there.  However I'm a consumer.  Every once in a while I'll just get a compulsive need to hop on the internet and just do some shopping and end up buying something stupid and needless.  Hopefully, this will fill that void and then give me something tangible to purchase and look forward to getting in the mail with an added bonus of creating a mini savings account.

I know there are oodles of better investments, but I am not really viewing this as investing it's more vice replacement therapy.

Apparently I am going to turn into a doomsdayer.  I just broke down and bought some silver to "invest" in.  I've thought about for a long time but just broke down and ordered 10 oz.  I think I'm going to start doing it a few times a year, depending on prices.  

I'm sure there are oodles of better investments out there.  However I'm a consumer.  Every once in a while I'll just get a compulsive need to hop on the internet and just do some shopping and end up buying something stupid and needless.  Hopefully, this will fill that void and then give me something tangible to purchase and look forward to getting in the mail with an added bonus of creating a mini savings account.

I know there are oodles of better investments, but I am not really viewing this as investing it's more vice replacement therapy.

This sounds similar to something I need to figure out. Love getting packages but if it meant future money instead of the opposite, that would be great.

Just got shutdown on 2 pre-orders. One that doesn't seem to be on amazon anymore and the other being a on sided 10" with stupid expensive $12 shipping. So just saved some $ already this morning. :) (until the amazon thing changes if the price is the same) Oh yep, there it is. Now to save on shipping...

Do you gauge using people use one of those electronic scales or that fancy Shure one?

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic