You know what grinds my gears?

When you order an album...LP, no less...and it gets pushed back for whatever reason(s)...and yet the release date for CD & digital roll in when original planned for and you're still left with nothing to listen to because you pre-ordered the damn record and won't have it for another month or so. 

The point? Records are dumb. 

You know what grinds my gears?

When you order an album...LP, no less...and it gets pushed back for whatever reason(s)...and yet the release date for CD & digital roll in when original planned for and you're still left with nothing to listen to because you pre-ordered the damn record and won't have it for another month or so. 

The point? Records are dumb. 

And when it finally comes in, you're done with the album before you started playing it... ?

Well, my interview went really well. I met with the customer service manager, and the logistics manager. Without going into too much deal, I think they really liked me. I have a good feeling that I'm what they're looking for in the position. If all goes well I should be hearing from them soon to meet one more manager, then I should get the job. I don't think I've ever had a more laid back, and engaging interview before. So I have a good feeling. If I don't get it, oh well, but I'm staying positive.

Well, my interview went really well. I met with the customer service manager, and the logistics manager. Without going into too much deal, I think they really liked me. I have a good feeling that I'm what they're looking for in the position. If all goes well I should be hearing from them soon to meet one more manager, then I should get the job. I don't think I've ever had a more laid back, and engaging interview before. So I have a good feeling. If I don't get it, oh well, but I'm staying positive.

Good to hear!  It's always nice leaving a job interview feeling good about it.  What's the job?

Good to hear!  It's always nice leaving a job interview feeling good about it.  What's the job?

Customer service / logistics for a roofing company. I don't give two shits about roofing, but it seems like a good place to work. With how well it pays I could rent my own studio apt. Plus, insurance is covered. That'll save $10k a year right there.

Glad it went well!

Customer service / logistics for a roofing company. I don't give two shits about roofing, but it seems like a good place to work. With how well it pays I could rent my own studio apt. Plus, insurance is covered. That'll save $10k a year right there.

Glad it went well, sounds like it'll be good.

the score helped make the film decent to me. not sure i understand the reality tv reference. are you comparing it to american idol, jersey shore, real housewives, and the like?

Hah. No, I'm not. The last hour of the movie was nothing but everyone dealing with the public and their perception of relationships, especially when everyone has an opinion, yet they aren't even involved. Like real life.

This is why it seemed like an ode to reality tv. Maybe a tip of the cap to the saying 'don't judge a book by it's cover'. Ya know, read the book first.

Terrible ending as well.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic