Damn you paypal for not letting me purchase shipping with $0 in my account! Why can't you charge my card or withdraw it from my bank account like every other purchase?!

Sweet. I got a call back to do the second and final interview. This one is with the logistics director, which will be the lighter portion of my job. I already met with the Customer Service Manager and the Logistics Manager, and they both seemed to like me. So if this goes well, the job is mine,

Awesome news. You're in I bet.

Damn you paypal for not letting me purchase shipping with $0 in my account! Why can't you charge my card or withdraw it from my bank account like every other purchase?!

I have it pull money from my bank account all the time, I rarely have any money in my PayPal account when I purchase shipping.

Sweet. I got a call back to do the second and final interview. This one is with the logistics director, which will be the lighter portion of my job. I already met with the Customer Service Manager and the Logistics Manager, and they both seemed to like me. So if this goes well, the job is mine,

good luck!  i hope you get it if it's what you're looking for!  i'm on the job hunt after not working for over a year.  i haven't even gotten a call or anything on any of the ones i've applied for yet.  

good luck! i hope you get it if it's what you're looking for! i'm on the job hunt after not working for over a year. i haven't even gotten a call or anything on any of the ones i've applied for yet.

Thanks! I appreciate the positive vibes. I haven't worked since October minus some freelance work so I'm fidgety as hell. Not only do I want an income, but I want to work.

And here are some tips:

- Make a default cover letter. Then copy and paste as needed (such as job title, date, related experience). It helps a lot.

- Try to make your résumé one page. Employers don't like reading novels. And they have a lot to sift through. Make it short but sweet.

- Apply to everything. You'll find out later what the details are. (I applied to this job and it didn't have too many specifics. Turned out to be a perfect job for me.)

- Use proper spelling and grammar. A lot of people will skip right over you for that shit. Always double check for typos before sending an email. That shit will kill you.

- Look every damn day. You could skip one day and there could have been a job calling your name. You never know.

- Even when you get interviews, keep applying. Nothing is set in stone. Even keep apply if you get a job. Maybe you'll end up hating it. Who knows. (I had a lady call me and do a phone interview. She loved me. She said she would flow up the next day to schedule an in person interview - even though I needed a car for minor tasks and I don't have a car she said she would consider me cause of my experience. I never got a follow up email so I assume someone said fuck it.)

- LOOK. EVERY. FUCKING. DAY. (I really can't stress that enough.)

- In interviews be yourself. Even strangers can tell when you aren't being yourself.

- Don't give those standard bullshit answers. Be creative. Be honest. Be yourself. "What's your biggest weakness?" "I'm too honest". Shut the fuck up. No. Your weakness is you're an idiot.

- Have a positive attitude. Always. I know that's easier said than done, but at least try.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic