Sure did. I'm also trying to plan some sort of weekend getaway. Maybe Seattle or the Oregon Coast. Fuck it, maybe both.

Do it, and bring me with you. I'll quit my job and fly out right now.

My day is mostly driving with a short meeting in the middle. I've got a bunch of podcasts to catch up on, so it's not so bad.

I've got a four day weekend coming up in a few weeks (summer shutdown "holiday"), but I have a job scheduled that Saturday morning. Dumb. Going to Vegas after that though.

Anyone who's had something ship via TNT enlighten me as to what the newest update means? Also, are the dates in Australia's schedule or 'Merica's? We're a day apart.

Capture.jpg

"Recovery Action Underway"

Sounds like it got lost in the ocean & they're sending deep sea divers out to retrieve it.

I need to get my nephew a present for his 2nd birthday, what the hell do you buy kids? I got him a Tonka truck last year, so I'm out of ideas.

My job is weird and will never be this. And for that I'm thankful.

Yeah, I imagine being a flight attendent is just a wee bit different than IT Help Desk. Staring at a computer, fixing other's computer issues all day is quite taxing on the brain. I'm sure you deal with way more shit though.

I need to get my nephew a present for his 2nd birthday, what the hell do you buy kids? I got him a Tonka truck last year, so I'm out of ideas.

It may not be fun, but I always liked getting younger kids savings bonds.  They are already going to be getting a ton of cool shit so I'd rather go long term practical with it.

Really though at that age just walk through a toy store and there will be a ton of cool shit you want to play with so just buy that. 

2nd birthday?

Bottle of scotch & a Cuban cigar.

I thought that was the 5th birthday.

It may not be fun, but I always liked getting younger kids savings bonds.  They are already going to be getting a ton of cool shit so I'd rather go long term practical with it.

Really though at that age just walk through a toy store and there will be a ton of cool shit you want to play with so just buy that. 

That's probably what I'll end up doing. The kid loves trucks, but has so many of them, so I don't want to get him another one.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic