I did dorm life my first four semesters of college and yeah it's not the best.

What's the benefit of having a parent cosign a credit card? I've just never heard of that before; didn't know you could do it.

Makes it easier to actually get one because they have credit and are essentially your backup as far as the bank is concerned.

I'm not! I actually don't know! We likely don't have the money for med school, so if I can save it, that'd be cool.

Oh word. Nah, you can't. My buddy did his through army, though. You have to serve your residency and I think 4 years as an army doctor, but it's free and you get paid.

Yes, I definitely agree with community college. I've found that I've learned the material a lot better in smaller class settings rather than a class of 200 but maybe that's just me. Also, never get a job and never move out otherwise you'll be eating popcorn for dinner because your whole paycheck went to bills.

Live it up while you can !!!!!

Yeah dude, start your fund and shit now. Get a saving's account. You've still got like a little less than half of highschool and your bachelor's so that's a good amount of time. If you do really well while in college (if you're taking a class you think you got in the bag, try to go for honor's), graduate school programs have scholarships available. If you decide to go a different route that doesn't involve graduate school, then you've got some money to invest in something else.

Will talk to my mom about getting a credit card, then. Sounds important.

Yes, I definitely agree with community college. I've found that I've learned the material a lot better in smaller class settings rather than a class of 200 but maybe that's just me. Also, never get a job and never move out otherwise you'll be eating popcorn for dinner because your whole paycheck went to bills.

Live it up while you can !!!!!

Y'all offer a convincing argument. Wonder if my parents would like that, though.

Yeah dude, start your fund and shit now. Get a saving's account. You've still got like a little less than half of highschool and your bachelor's so that's a good amount of time. If you do really well while in college (if you're taking a class you think you got in the bag, try to go for honor's), graduate school programs have scholarships available. If you decide to go a different route that doesn't involve graduate school, then you've got some money to invest in something else.

It really is. Start building now and never miss a payment. I got mine up to a good score in just a few years from nothing

Go over to Capital One. They gave me my first credit card.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic