I really dislike those small planes.  I'm on those whenever I fly back home.

They are cramped, but it's nice getting a seat in the single row. You get a window and aisle seat all in one!

Yeah, doesn't matter to me :)  I'm going to be gone a few weekends in March, but you could park it there either way.

Edit : I'm fairly certain airport size places a big part in ticket prices.  I was able to book direct, round trip flights to Austin and SF for under $500 total.  But a trip back home (MT), will cost me about $300 usually.

Sweeeeeet. That would save me the money of having to leave my car at the airport. We will talk about it once its closer :D

Sweet. Got the DSL line up and running. Good lord CenturyLink has the worst ISP/Modem Configuration screen ever. They try to make it idiot proof, but they made it people proof. It tells you've applied changes, but hasn't made the changes. You have to reboot the modem for anything to take effect. Haha. That's so stupid. Also, their WPS is a joke.

I'm sure only Thomas will appreciate this rant. Haha.

But fuck yes. Watching Gilmore Girls all night. Ready for this stupid snow storm. Hopefully the power doesn't go out.

Sweet. Got the DSL line up and running. Good lord CenturyLink has the worst ISP/Modem Configuration screen ever. They try to make it idiot proof, but they made it people proof. It tells you've applied changes, but hasn't made the changes. You have to reboot the modem for anything to take effect. Haha. That's so stupid. Also, their WPS is a joke.

I'm sure only Thomas will appreciate this rant. Haha.

But fuck yes. Watching Gilmore Girls all night. Ready for this stupid snow storm. Hopefully the power doesn't go out.

That is pretty fucking stupid. People proof for sure. It does not make much sense to have to reboot every time you do an update. I always disable WPS, it always seems to create more problems then just setting everything up.

Good luck with the storm, it looks like it's going to be pretty crazy.

Those small planes make me feel like I'm going to die. I do like not having to sit next to anyone though. 

Yeah, they are kinda scary, you feel everything in them, but I'll take it over sitting next to people.

That is pretty fucking stupid. People proof for sure. It does not make much sense to have to reboot every time you do an update. I always disable WPS, it always seems to create more problems then just setting everything up.

Good luck with the storm, it looks like it's going to be pretty crazy.

Yeah, they are kinda scary, you feel everything in them, but I'll take it over sitting next to people.

Honestly, I tried to set up the wireless network without WPS, and I honestly think it isn't possible while using their equipment, which makes no sense. There are a few weird issues like the second phone line, and the service was transfered to the house we were going to move to (but didn't). So there are some weird instances going on. I at least have everything configured, and running. Setting up the MAC list was a joke, so I'm not fucking with it. I'm going to buy a new modem just to see what problems get crossed off the list to determine how shitty CenturyLink's dashboard / configuration and ZyXEL's equipment are.

If I were a normal Joe I would be so pissed right now. I mean, I'm annoyed, but I would be furious if I didn't have any tech skill trying to set this up.

Honestly, I tried to set up the wireless network without WPS, and I honestly think it isn't possible while using their equipment, which makes no sense. There are a few weird issues like the second phone line, and the service was transfered to the house we were going to move to (but didn't). So there are some weird instances going on. I at least have everything configured, and running. Setting up the MAC list was a joke, so I'm not fucking with it. I'm going to buy a new modem just to see what problems get crossed off the list to determine how shitty CenturyLink's dashboard / configuration and ZyXEL's equipment are.

If I were a normal Joe I would be so pissed right now. I mean, I'm annoyed, but I would be furious if I didn't have any tech skill trying to set this up.

They probably make you use the WPS, since you like said, they try to make it "easy" for customers. ISPs are the fucking worst for all of that shit. The pretty much just want only their techs to be able to do it, so they can charge people for it.

Edit: Just ordered the Garret Klahn album.

All airlines are terrifying. You're in a medal box 35,000 feet above the Earth.

How are they terrifying?

in NJ theyre known for being a little janky since ACY is one of their focus cities. the planes are always falling apart. lights don't work, seats are stuck in the back position, fabric on the seats and floor are stained and pulled apart etc. i've flown with them a handful of times. one time i was sat at the exit door and it rattled the entirety of the flight. not like normal cabin sounds, but to the point where i had headphones in and i could still hear it. i thought it was gonna fly off the side of the plane lol

Hey Matt, if you've not, you should listen to "Eric the Pilot". It's one of the better Rollins spoken albums as it's an hour long story about him being flown in a twin engine plane and being scared as piss the entire time... a very fun listen

I have before, but I'm going to revisit it since you mentioned it.

I'm also going to listen to the new Kokomo, and listen to your "headphone" playlist so I can start making a list for you, bud.

in NJ theyre known for being a little janky since ACY is one of their focus cities. the planes are always falling apart. lights don't work, seats are stuck in the back position, fabric on the seats and floor are stained and pulled apart etc. i've flown with them a handful of times. one time i was sat at the exit door and it rattled the entirety of the flight. not like normal cabin sounds, but to the point where i had headphones in and i could still hear it. i thought it was gonna fly off the side of the plane lol

The question is, is that worth the savings? Haha. I'll take it.

I get so impatient around this time waiting for W-2's and other tax stuff.

Same. I can't wait to get that money, and then have to put it towards loans. At least it'll pay off a chunk of them. I have to wait on 3 W-2's though, 2 from jobs I only work at for a week :(. So far the only tax related thing I have gotten is my proof of health insurance.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic