I can understand why TBK changed like they did. It's got to be horrible trying to make a living off music, and just scrapping by for so long. They changed their sound and made a ton of money, and I don't fault them for wanting to support their families through their music.

I can understand why TBK changed like they did. It's got to be horrible trying to make a living off music, and just scrapping by for so long. They changed their sound and made a ton of money, and I don't fault them for wanting to support their families through their music.

Agreed.

I just miss my coke fueled raw rage days, occasionally  :P

I feel like not too many other people buy trip hop/leftfield type stuff, but this Cibo Matto reissue is a thing of beauty. Like damn does it sound better on vinyl, owned a cd copy for years and have never wanted to pay secondhand prices. Now here's crossing my fingers for Stereotype A to get reissued then I will have them all.

Also, fuck the Black Keys. Bunch of rip off artists.

Morning, all.

People wanted another Cream, they filled a very desired place. But I do agree with you, but I also think in general that style in general borrows heavily and feeds the nostalgia effect rather than pushing envelopes

Morning Matt. Get snowed in yet? Just talked to a store just south of you, and he said it just started to snow but it is coming down hard.

Hey, T.

I actually just looked outside and nothing yet. I believe it's not supposed to start till a little later. But what do weatherman actually even know.

Are you due any?

People wanted another Cream, they filled a very desired place. But I do agree with you, but I also think in general that style in general borrows heavily and feeds the nostalgia effect rather than pushing envelopes

They definitely filled a standard blues genre for people who didn't know how to find blues. Personally, I listen to their music and hear a lot of Jack White's style / sounds. If the Black Keys would have developed their own sounds, or gave credit to White, or both, I would enjoy them. But because of that I don't bother. Their first record is the only one I would bother with, but it's pretty rare I even feel like listening to it. If I'm in the mood I'll just spin White Stripes anyway.

They definitely filled a standard blues genre for people who didn't know how to find blues. Personally, I listen to their music and hear a lot of Jack White's style / sounds. If the Black Keys would have developed their own sounds, or gave credit to White, or both, I would enjoy them. But because of that I don't bother. Their first record is the only one I would bother with, but it's pretty rare I even feel like listening to it. If I'm in the mood I'll just spin White Stripes anyway.

I just don't like Jack White's voice but I'm not going to hate on them, they did crazy amounts for music. I just don't think he has a leg to stand on, cause he also copied a lot from other blues artists and basically played a stripped down, more accessible version of the Gun Club. But he at least gives a lot of credit to his influences.

They came out at the same time as the Stripes.  They like Jack get their style from the Blues.  Unlike the White Stripes, they have good drumming.  Of course also unlike the White Stripes they didn't know when to stop.  

Hey, T.

I actually just looked outside and nothing yet. I believe it's not supposed to start till a little later. But what do weatherman actually even know.

Are you due any?

They know how to get paid a bunch for guessing, that's about it.

No snow for us at all, the storm went around Ohio. It's been a pretty lack luster snow year so far, maybe 5 inches total all winter. No lake effect so far, which is nice.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic