99% of the time, I will stream a band's music and will lean towards buying it anyways in some sort of format. Most of the time when I will stream on Spotify, it's to "browse" bands...esp. the "VC Hype" ones that everyone and anyone seems to get wet all over for. 

I use bandcamp/soundcloud to check out bands, but I couldn't ever see myself using that as my main digital platform.

Ah yeah I remember it. Hopefully they throw some up for sale. I'd totally grab one. Any word from your buddy on that Dogs LP?

I hit him up today. He has an interview and some stuff to do, but he should be sending them off soon. I wanted him to wait for a bit after this snow storm passes anyway. I'll keep you informed.

If we're talking discovering, when I find a band (this works with post rock a lot) is I love to check out all the other bands on the label. Tends to get a lot of good stuff. I also like going through the top torrents per genre on what.cd, as well as looking at what the labels distro carriers. That tends to keep me pretty busy. Then I have all the new stuff from hundreds, if not thousands of band I already love, then new side projects by them, as well as stuff then endorse, etc. etc. And that does a fair share for new / new-ish stuff. All the old stuff (pre-1990) is a whole other ballgame of constant research that I won't bore anyone with as far as details go. Also, of course, record hunting.

Basically, listening to music / finding new music takes up about every minute of my free time. Brian can attest to this.

This is where I find A LOT of good music: http://www.thesirenssound.com/

They have a shit load of good music going back years, with a nice description and usually a download link. It has stuff including, but not limited to: ambient, drone, experimental, instrumental, math rock, post hardcore, post rock shoe gaze, and more.

(*** Brian, this is where I've found a lot of stuff that I've give you that you've liked. Have fun digging through everything.)

A good place to find all things metal is: http://www.metal-archives.com/

(*** Juan probably lives on here. If for some odd reason you don't, check it out.)

There is an awesome torrent site that is great for all things heavy, ie. stoner, doom, sludge, drone, black metal, etc. etc. which I need to find. I have it bookmarked somewhere. I'll add it to this when I find it.  http://psychocydd.co.uk/torrents.php-- I blind download from this and it's usually always good. I usually pick a genre, sort by most seeds, and then grab anything I haven't heard of.

Some dude offered to buy something off my on Reddit, and I didn't login for a day and I come back to a ton of angry messages because I "iced" him by not selling right away I guess. Sorry guy, I have better things to do.

Some dude offered to buy something off my on Reddit, and I didn't login for a day and I come back to a ton of angry messages because I "iced" him by not selling right away I guess. Sorry guy, I have better things to do.

"iced" him makes me laugh.  I'm going to try mixing that into my day to day vocabulary.

I'll take it off your hands

Messaged you.

"iced" him makes me laugh.  I'm going to try mixing that into my day to day vocabulary.

I just laughed too, because it just sounds so stupid. Probably would have been the type to file a complaint of a dinged corner and get it for free. Dodged a bullet on that one.

I need to avoid Reddit and eBay for selling for a while it seems. A lot of angry people lately. The dumb girl on eBay never got back to me after I refused her refund. No response, no negative feedback. Oh well.

I need to avoid Reddit and eBay for selling for a while it seems. A lot of angry people lately. The dumb girl on eBay never got back to me after I refused her refund. No response, no negative feedback. Oh well.

I can't think of the last time I sold on eBay, over a year at least.  Discogs is just easy for me and the buyers there seem to be more chill about shipping times.

I'm generally really good at shipping the next business day, and 99% of the time I print a label within minutes of receiving payment. Shit happens sometimes, and people who don't get that annoy the shit out of me. I sell shit on the side, it's not even side income really. If it were my business, sure I'd take it more seriously, but it's not. 

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic