I slept all day and missed the tv talk !!

In a religious bonfire, I had to burn my Simpsons comic book. I wasn't allowed to watch it.

And I think even as a child I knew ren and stimpy wasn't kid appropriate but it was so good.

I remember the show Alex Mack and I wanted to be just like her and I started wearing hats all the time.

I slept all day and missed the tv talk !!

In a religious bonfire, I had to burn my Simpsons comic book. I wasn't allowed to watch it.

And I think even as a child I knew ren and stimpy wasn't kid appropriate but it was so good.

I remember the show Alex Mack and I wanted to be just like her and I started wearing hats all the time.

The Secret World of Alex Mack was awesome. Do you remember that Jessica Alba was in it?

I also had a crush on Larisa Oleynik when I was 12. I mean, c'mon, she awakened the inner hipster in so many of us:

CLd1x.png

enhanced-buzz-26492-1417427196-8.jpg

enhanced-19135-1417428470-7.png

You'll probably remember this promo:

The Secret World of Alex Mack was awesome. Do you remember that Jessica Alba was in it?

I also had a crush on Larisa Oleynik when I was 12. I mean, c'mon, she awakened the inner hipster in so many of us:

CLd1x.png

enhanced-buzz-26492-1417427196-8.jpg

enhanced-19135-1417428470-7.png

You'll probably remember this promo:

Hahahhha yes !! To this day that promo is still stuck in my head. I remember having so many hats because of this. She was just so cool !!

Audio/tech dudes: We're looking to upgrade our 5.1 surround sound system that we use for our tv and turntable. Any suggestions on where to start looking? Looking to spend no more than $400, preferably around $200

What components are you looking for? New amp? New speakers? Also, you get what you pay for, so in all honesty you should save up and spend more. You'll have it for long time. It's an investment, and worth it. $400 is probably the absolute lowest you could get away with for a good amp, and a pair of speakers. $500-600 would be a good price point. Those are two pieces you'll have for a while.

Also, my personal preference is 2.0 (L and R) for vinyl set up. I don't really care much for surround sound or a sub when it comes to audio, but that's just me.

I don't know if my anxiety is acting up bad again or what, but I just don't feel right. I can't quite explain how I feel right now. I just don't feel like myself at all, I'm sorta dizzy, out of it, my chest is tight and my brain is fogged. Everything feels slow and everything does not feel real. It is weird, and I'm probably dying. It's scary but kinda interesting.

What components are you looking for? New amp? New speakers? Also, you get what you pay for, so in all honesty you should save up and spend more. You'll have it for long time. It's an investment, and worth it. $400 is probably the absolute lowest you could get away with for a good amp, and a pair of speakers. $500-600 would be a good price point. Those are two pieces you'll have for a while.

We plan on going all out and getting seperate systems for the tv and turntable in a few years. For now we just want decent 5.1 for the tv that we can also use for the turntable.

Our current system was like $75 (open box deep discount, but still).

We plan on going all out and getting seperate systems for the tv and turntable in a few years. For now we just want decent 5.1 for the tv that we can also use for the turntable.

Our current system was like $75 (open box deep discount, but still).

All of those out of box systems are garbage, especially with records. I use the same amp and speakers for my records, and my TV set up. Getting an actual amp, and set of speakers is definitely the way to go. Two good speakers are way better than any 5.1 you can get out of a box. At least go for a 5.1 receiver, start with 2 speakers. Then add two smaller ones for the rear later.

Also, with speakers, those are a little harder to narrow down because of your personal preference. Speakers obviously vary in sound. It depends on what type of sound you are after. I went to my local audio place and try some out. The $200~ is do-able, the $300 is oddly hard, the $400 mark is the sweet spot. If you have a local audio dealer where you can test them out, that would be best. That's what I did trying out some Def Techs and some Klipschs. The Klipsch sounded great for rock, but were a bit too rough on everything else, so I went with the Def Techs. Better to try them in person than playing the shipping and shipping back game.

You'll need to make sure your amp matches your speakers in terms of power. You don't want under powered cause then you're not getting everything you can out of the speakers, and you don't want over cause that's just asking for trouble, and damage.

Receiver:

// Sony STRDH550 | $179

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00J30GXW2/ref=dp_olp_refurbished?ie=UTF8&condition=refurbished

Speakers: [Arranged by price.]

// Audioengine P4 | $190

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B002FJVTGI/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

// Polk RTI A1 | $208

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000V2UBS8/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

// Def Tech SM45 | $120 each (I highly suggest these.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B005XXMMG4/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

// Klipsch RP-150M | $300

http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-RP-150M-Reference-Premiere-Cerametallic/dp/B00RXHEH8Y/ref=sr_1_13?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1460510983&sr=1-13&keywords=klipsch+speakers

// Def Tech SM55 | $210 each (One step above the SM45s. I have these and 'holy fuck'.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B005XXMN6I/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

Cool thing about the SM-55s is you can get those and use them as your fronts, then get the SM-45s later and use those as your rear speakers.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic