http://www.tirebusiness.com/article/20160413/NEWS/160419965/akron-may-raze-ex-firestone-hq

Nothing like demolishing historic buildings, and a building from a company that made this city what it is today.

God that makes me mad, they could easily repurpose that building.  Easily could have been an apartment building

Apparently I'm a record flipper based on what stl_ben says. Because of the 2nd chance store.

You're not a flipper.

stl_ben is an asshole.

But I think buying records, just to sell them again is pretty fucking pointless. I don't see the point. Just let people who wanted them buy it in the first place. They miss out, oh well. It's just a record. So is life. Seems like just asking for feedback, and praise to me. It's not like you're selling them for cheap or giving them away. Isn't that what we have record stores for?

You're not a flipper.

stl_ben is an asshole.

But I think buying records, just to sell them again is pretty fucking pointless. I don't see the point. Just let people who wanted them buy it in the first place. They miss out, oh well. It's just a record. So is life. Seems like just asking for feedback, and praise to me. It's not like you're selling them for cheap or giving them away. Isn't that what we have record stores for?

I agree with this. But buff buying an extra copy to sell at cost is one less copy Halo can buy to sell for a profit. So I kinda don't hate it.

Edit: Sorry, take a photo of and then sell for a profit****

I agree with this. But buff buying an extra copy to sell at cost is one less copy Halo can buy to sell for a profit. So I kinda don't hate it.

Eh, isn't going to stop assholes and flippers from being assholes and flippers. If Halo didn't exist I would still have the same opinion. It's not like he created this to specifically combat Halo's douche bag nature.

Halo isn't a scapegoat for doing other dumb things even though he is fucking piece of shit.

You're not a flipper.

stl_ben is an asshole.

I get this, but I kinda like his store. It's pretty aptly named too. It's giving people a 2nd chance to buy what's usually a rarer pre-order variant at cost. He's an anti-flipper.

ugh...trying to book a hotel downtown Charleston for a show on the 27th, and the nice hotel we stay at last time we went there for a show went up 75 bucks.  anyone got hotel connections for Hampton inn or Embassy suite (which I think are both by the same company Hilton)?!

God that makes me mad, they could easily repurpose that building.  Easily could have been an apartment building

They tried for offices, but decided against it. Now they want to demolish it, and build new offices. I'm sure the asbestos and shit in the building is not good, but I imagine it'd be cheaper and cooler to repurpose it. They've tried to redevelop the area multiple times, but nothing comes from it.

They tried for offices, but decided against it. Now they want to demolish it, and build new offices. I'm sure the asbestos and shit in the building is not good, but I imagine it'd be cheaper and cooler to repurpose it. They've tried to redevelop the area multiple times, but nothing comes from it.

Yeah I hate that they always tear down buildings for newer and bigger. But I will say it's nice to have tall buildings but you lose that sense of architectural heritage that you find in cities like London. it's annoying they constantly tear down buildings that are fine for super sleek and modern stuff.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic