Just now, KingTacoMunster said:

really thinking about selling a good bit of my collection and keeping only must haves or selling just enough to buy an American standard tele and big muff pedal. not enjoying my dean ml anymore and don't play guitar as often as Id like...also would like some money for some more tattoo work...decisions decision....

random thought of the day....

Check out the Kalamazoo. They're expensive new (and hadn't been being made for the longest time, these might be a bit different) but can be found used. My favorite pedal I have ever use.  I think ProGuitarShop demoed it.

http://www.lovepedal.com/pedals/kalamazoo/

I'd also save a little extra and spring for the deluxe because the neck cutaway is a beautiful thing.

Oops, I just weebed and bought one of these that was for sale from a US seller for a not too insane amount.

https://www.discogs.com/桜高軽音部-K-On-7Inch-Vinyl-Donuts-Box/release/3981602

Currently trying to shake one of these out of the woodwork too

https://www.discogs.com/放課後ティータイム-K-ON-7inch-Vinyl-Donuts-Box/release/5930869

Scratch that, guy had it listed from US but was actually shipping from JP and it was crazy. Guess the quest continues :/

39 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

I feel like today is going to be one of those days where I say something on the phone to a customer I shouldn't. People are really getting on my nerves today.

If I worked there this would be every day.

28 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

I really REALLY need a non-phone job. I just can't do this anymore.

Yea, I have to applaud your tolerance for the length of time I've been here and heard about what you put up with. I hated the phone like it was my worst enemy when I was working pizza places still because people have no idea how much of your time it takes away from helping another person that knows what they want or is already waiting on food. 

1 minute ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

Your tolerance on that is amazing. I would have quit in a day.

Well I've done phone jobs for 15 years now, so I've pretty much become numb to it. I would have quit a long time ago too, but the money is good. I've been job hunting again, but this area is pretty dead job wise. It seems like the places I want to move want me there already to interview, so it's hard. Hopefully I'll find something new soon, because my tolerance is running low.

1 hour ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Monday: Recieve The Fountain from Mondo

Tuesday: Email Mondo about issues with it

Thursday: Recieve replacement copy

Unfortunately I'm not home right now so I can't see if this one is any better, but holy shit that was fucking quick. 

What issues did your copy have?

3 minutes ago, Youinreverse said:

What issues did your copy have?

An absurd amount of pops/clicks through the entire A side. I couldn't see a scratch but there was a pop EVERY revolution at the same spot so it was like a really shitty metronome, a bunch of other random pops/clicks, and combined with the surface noise the entire first track is unlistenable. It's also warped a fair amount, but that doesn't affect playback on my turntable so I didn't even mention it to Mondo.

I basically told Mondo, I know some pops/clicks are gonna happen due to the nature of vinyl but this is some next level shit for me to be complaining.

34 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Shipping from Japan is not cheap, but they usually package stuff extremely well and it arrives really quickly.

Damn, I had 4 of 7 preorders ship yesterday.

Yeah, it's just a matter of do I really $75 need them? I'd have totally thrown $40 per at them but that's pushing it

34 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Shipping from Japan is not cheap, but they usually package stuff extremely well and it arrives really quickly.

Yeah, it's just a matter of do I really $75 need them? I'd have totally thrown $40 per at them but that's pushing it

35 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

4/9 here. Of the remaining POS they're mostly really long ones that won't ship until next year. Still amped I found a single copy of Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me reissue on Amazon yesterday, used - like new for under $7 shipped.

Damn, that's a good deal. The reissue are like $18-24 in store.

I only have 1 that is being released next year, the other two should ship at the end of the month too. My Newmoon should be here tomorrow. I love how it ships out of Cleveland, then goes 3 hours away before coming back. The warehouse it shipped from is only 20 miles from me.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic