3 hours ago, chkadea said:

So while the rest of the day sucked, this arrived today and I screamed like the lady I am. Holy fuck.

image1_5.jpg

How does it sound? I was super pumped to grab a Built to Spill lathe from Joyful Noise a few years back, but it sounds like absolute garbage. : (

I understand people being upset, but honestly don't think much is going to change. I don't think people are just going to sit and let him overturn the rights of women/minorities or LBGTQ people nor do I think he is going to try. Everyone is so fast to catastrophize everything, I still woke up and had a good day, a change in figureheads isn't going to change much. If people really want to make a change doing so at a local level is going to have a much larger effect than voting ever does. I didn't like any of the 4 front runners, I probably would have voted Clinton but my mail in ballot showed up Saturday and it wouldn't have mattered, Colorado went to her anyways

36 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

I understand people being upset, but honestly don't think much is going to change. I don't think people are just going to sit and let him overturn the rights of women/minorities or LBGTQ people nor do I think he is going to try. Everyone is so fast to catastrophize everything, I still woke up and had a good day, a change in figureheads isn't going to change much. If people really want to make a change doing so at a local level is going to have a much larger effect than voting ever does. I didn't like any of the 4 front runners, I probably would have voted Clinton but my mail in ballot showed up Saturday and it wouldn't have mattered, Colorado went to her anyways

Dude, read up on Pence. House/Senate are republican majority and he'll be appointing a supreme court justice that could tip the scales. The possibility for catostrophic human rights destruction is there.

I hope everything is ok but women are in serious danger of losing their reproductive rights. My girlfriend's birth control is something Pence will try to make illegal. Let's not act like Trump won't be (mostly) a willing puppet for his cabinet.

Edited by Bladewillisisdead

4 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Dude, read up on Pence. House/Senate are republican majority and he'll be appointing a supreme court justice that could tip the scales. The possibility for catostrophic human rights destruction is there.

it'll be a revolution if it happens, not saying the anger or fear is unwarranted but I just don't see it happening. I know of Pence and his insane viewpoints including straight conversion therapy for gay people. That guy sucks. I just try not to fear for the worst, this election was fucked any way it went

3 hours ago, jhulud said:

Today was one of the toughest days I've had in a very long time. I'm emotionally exhausted. And beaten down. 

Just watch this crazy youtube playlist I ran across earlier. It's titled "Important Videos" and it is absolutely insane.

The Portugal. The Man show last night was amazing, one of the best live shows I've ever seen. Afterwards somehow we met up with some of the band and went to a bar, and I talked to Kyle (keyboard player) about Kay Kay and his other projects for a while. It was kinda crazy, since I don't usually care about meeting bands. I'm exhausted for work today though.

4 hours ago, THE_James_Champ said:

That's so awesome @Thomas³. I miss seeing them. They haven't been down here in a while. I think the last time I saw them was right after Evil Friends came out. 

That was the first time since the Waiter/Church Mouth era for me. They played a good mix of songs from every album. I forgot how insane they are, they never stop, just jam and transition into songs the entire time.

The opening stuff was odd. It was a comedian, their "hype guy" played some random rap tracks, then a German rapper came on.

Edited by Thomas³

13 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

@The Ghost of Randy Savage My little brother showed me that and I completely lost track of time. There's some pretty funny stuff in there for sure.

I sat there for probably an hour last night just watching. It was ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

Oh that reminds me, I forgot to let the good folks of Small Talk know that I dug Cult Leader's set...Rez didn't though.

They sounded shitty, as do a lot of bands like that. Any time you start downtuning it is hard to deal with. The growly vocals, bass drum kicking reaaaally fast, bass, and downtuned guitar all sit in the same range. Makes it muddled. Maybe it's better studio recorded, but I thought it was an underwhelming muddled mess. '

to be fair, the Marquee isn't the world's best sounding room. I also just don't tend to like metal that downtunes really low (with exceptions of course) for the reasons outlined above. 

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic