7 minutes ago, Holo said:

What's everyone have POd? Only thing I had outstanding was the Death /300 and that came this week.

On the way (not all preorders):

Caspian - Castles High, Marble Bright 8"

The Get Up Kids - On A Wire (Maroon)

The Get Up Kids - Eudora (2xLP Mint Green)

Newmoon - Space

Preorders:

Converge - Jane Doe (2xLP Black)

Japandroids - Near To The Wild Heart Of Life + 7" bundle

Edit: I'm missing one, but can't remember what...

Edited by Thomas³

1 minute ago, Thomas³ said:

On the way (not all preorders):

Caspian - Castles High, Marble Bright 8"

The Get Up Kids - On A Wire (Maroon)

The Get Up Kids - Eudora (2xLP Mint Green)

Newmoon - Space

Preorders:

Converge - Jane Doe (2xLP Black)

Japandroids - Near To The Wild Heart Of Life + 7" bundle

Ah, gotcha. I was waiting to see if Zia will get TGUK so I can use points/coupons. I'm buying over a half case of boxes for a card game in January so I am mostly saving for that

11 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Damn, that's a good deal. The reissue are like $18-24 in store.

I only have 1 that is being released next year, the other two should ship at the end of the month too. My Newmoon should be here tomorrow. I love how it ships out of Cleveland, then goes 3 hours away before coming back. The warehouse it shipped from is only 20 miles from me.

Haha!

yeah, I immediately went through looking for any of the others at that price. No luck.

Two of mine for next year just have question marks as release dates because one was a Kickstarter, and one was just labeled as "early 2017" :/

On on the way I've got Black Sabath - Vol. 4, that Cure record, New Moon (black), and Merlin - Electric Children. I should have a copy of Curtis Mayfield - Superfly on the way in the next day or two too. :)

Waiting on:

Meet Me in Montauk

Neon Ships

Hyborian

Keef Mountain

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

Which /300 did you sell Brian?

4 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Haha!

yeah, I immediately went through looking for any of the others at that price. No luck.

Two of mine for next year just have question marks as release dates because one was a Kickstarter, and one was just labeled as "early 2017" :/

On on the way I've got Black Sabath - Vol. 4, that Cure record, New Moon (black), and Merlin - Electric Children. I should have a copy of Curtis Mayfield - Superfly on the way in the next day or two too. :)

Waiting on:

Meet Me in Montauk

Neon Ships

Hyborian

Keef Mountain

I need some Sabbath in my life.

3 minutes ago, Holo said:

Would anyone be interested in some Owen stuff on the cheap? I never spin it. Brian sniped my /300, but I still have probably another five 12"s

I might be persuaded. I've never been huge into Owen, but if the price is right I could get down. I've been weird about completing stuff again lately.

1 minute ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I might be persuaded. I've never been huge into Owen, but if the price is right I could get down. I've been weird about completing stuff again lately.

https://www.discogs.com/Owen-the-ep/release/1839731

https://www.discogs.com/Owen-Owen/release/1618047

https://www.discogs.com/Owen-No-Good-For-No-One-Now/release/2119619

https://www.discogs.com/Owen-I-Do-Perceive/release/2121121

https://www.discogs.com/Owen-Ghost-Town/release/3244444

The price will be right, I just don't want to have to move the goddamn things.

2 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Why are you selling them Rez? Owen is too good.

John, you need more Owen in your life now.

We've been over it and I don't want to start another shitshow. I haven't ever been able to bond with almost anything Kinsella did after AF1. It isn't objectively bad or anything, I just don't like it as much as I do some other singer/songwriter-y stuff in the same style and I'd rather spend time with stuff I really enjoy than things I just think are okay.  Hell, I couldn't even really get into AF2 and I gave it a solid five or six listens because I really wanted to like it.

Taste is subjective and all of that.

Rereading that it sounds kind of hostile, and it totally isn't meant to be. We're cool babe <3

Edited by Holo

2 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Oh, I thought it was just Dom that felt that way. People like what they like, so no judgment here (only silent cursing).

No, it leaked early and he shared it with me. Didn't talk to him until after or anything so we weren't just parroting each other's opinions, we just both independently disliked it. Kind of funny because we tend to disagree over a bunch of music stuff.

7 minutes ago, Holo said:

Could I talk you into $7/per? Little more on my end and shipping them will be a little bit more than the standard $3.09 since it's a bunch of 180g records.

Hrm...I could do $25? I don't think I'm quite interested enough to go to $7 each though. Probably my least favorite Kinsella project. You could definitely get that from someone else though.

1 minute ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Hrm...I could do $25? I don't think I'm quite interested enough to go to $7 each though. Probably my least favorite Kinsella project. You could definitely get that from someone else though.

Fuck it, I can live with that. Let me make sure I have a mailer when I get home

Could I get everyone here to keep an eye out for one of the original presses of this floating around? Pretty high up on my wantlist right now. They did a RP, but it's split like Petitioning Forever with another album of his. Trying to complete a 1 per release collection and that's the last studio album I don't own.

https://www.discogs.com/Kevin-Devine-Make-The-Clocks-Move/master/417947

1 minute ago, Holo said:

Fuck it, I can live with that. Let me make sure I have a mailer when I get home

Could I get everyone here to keep an eye out for one of the original presses of this floating around? Pretty high up on my wantlist right now. They did a RP, but it's split like Petitioning Forever with another album of his. Trying to complete a 1 per release collection and that's the last studio album I don't own.

https://www.discogs.com/Kevin-Devine-Make-The-Clocks-Move/master/417947

Cool, I'll be on the lookout.

9 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Cool, I'll be on the lookout.

:wub:

(this would be one of those acoustic singer/songwriter-y albums I was talking about that I like more than Owen :P)

OH SHIT THE ORIGINAL PRESS OF THIS HAS THE NEUTRAL MILK HOTEL COVER ADD THAT TO THE LIST

https://www.discogs.com/Kevin-Devine-Put-Your-Ghost-To-Rest/release/1864074

Edited by Holo

4 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

Oh, I thought it was just Dom that felt that way. People like what they like, so no judgment here (only silent cursing).

I thought the lead single from the new Owen was stellar and the rest of it was snoozy. I like T/T/T but that's probably the Evan love showing.

Speaking of Evan, I bought 52 Weeks off of Rez and I'm spinning it right now. Feels good!

Edit: Spoke too soon, it has a skip and I already cleaned it. 

Edited by DOMAN127

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic