8 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

That's a bummer.  Do you just kind of live with it?

I've lived here for almost 5 years now, and it's only completely flooded 3 times now (2 in the last few weeks). Normally it's just like a trickle of water I can live with. No clue why it suddenly started, unless water cut a path into the ground that goes straight into the basement now.

45 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

I've lived here for almost 5 years now, and it's only completely flooded 3 times now (2 in the last few weeks). Normally it's just like a trickle of water I can live with. No clue why it suddenly started, unless water cut a path into the ground that goes straight into the basement now.

That's rough.  I'm guessing you have nothing important down there?

My girlfriend decided to try making falafel today and god dmn that shit came out dope af.

But also, ugh I've been sick for like 3 weeks. The last like 4 days have been particularly bad. I can tell I'm getting better, but I still feel like garbage. It was at its worst on like Wednesday but I knew if I called out there'd be no coverage so like am idiot I worked every day this week. Really need my day off today. I haven't done shit and its been great.

1 hour ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

My girlfriend decided to try making falafel today and god dmn that shit came out dope af.

But also, ugh I've been sick for like 3 weeks. The last like 4 days have been particularly bad. I can tell I'm getting better, but I still feel like garbage. It was at its worst on like Wednesday but I knew if I called out there'd be no coverage so like am idiot I worked every day this week. Really need my day off today. I haven't done shit and its been great.

Same, I don't feel like I'm getting better at all anymore. Feel dead and worn down. This flooded basement nonsense is making it worse, since it's stressing me out. The thought of going into work tomorrow is making me physically ill. I need to quit before my mind breaks down.

Feel better man.

Hey guys <3

Hope everyone's night is going well. Hopping on that sick boat with you fellas :( past week of fever and cough from hell doesn't feel the best next to a pizza oven, but oh well - we'll keep powering through!

I will admit to not having had the best start to the year so far, but just holding out for a turn around and pushing myself to try and make things better! 

@Bladewillisisdead Falafel is fucking awesome. Killer girlfriend status.

Feel better Dea!

Morning everyone. Was up late waiting on Roto Rooter to show up, so I'm exhausted. Turns out I had roots in my sewer, which is why the drain in the basement would not do it's job. Once he cleared it the water flooded out. After work today I get to spray the basement down with bleach again, since I'm sure something nasty backed up. Sump seems to be working now, since it rained all night and the basement was dry. Too bad the emergency call to Roto Rooter cost me $400 though.

Well my opener called out. Normally we have two people trying to get the work of three people done by 9am when we open. Now it's just me and its god damn impossible. Once customers are in the store I'm fucked because I'm the only one in my department, so I can't get anything done.

You'd be surprised how many assholes get coldcuts at 9am on a Monday.

Sorry everyone is having a rough time, hope better things come your way

Outside of money stresses from unexpected medical costs (yeah couldn't get a generic for my meds..grr) everything is going well on my end. I have an 8 hour shift starting in about an hour and then I get a day off. Only shitty thing is my manager is really into football and his team (Steelers) lost yesterday so he is probably going to be in a pissy mood

2 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Well my opener called out. Normally we have two people trying to get the work of three people done by 9am when we open. Now it's just me and its god damn impossible. Once customers are in the store I'm fucked because I'm the only one in my department, so I can't get anything done.

You'd be surprised how many assholes get coldcuts at 9am on a Monday.

Lame. It sucks when people call off, but employers should expect that shit to happen this time of year so they should cover stuff better. We are down to a bare bones crew since people quit, and they are not replacing anyone with the system going away in a few months. When I started there were 8 people taking calls for all of the US and Canada, now there is 5. 3 people less makes a huge difference in call volume.

2 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

Sorry everyone is having a rough time, hope better things come your way

Outside of money stresses from unexpected medical costs (yeah couldn't get a generic for my meds..grr) everything is going well on my end. I have an 8 hour shift starting in about an hour and then I get a day off. Only shitty thing is my manager is really into football and his team (Steelers) lost yesterday so he is probably going to be in a pissy mood

Shitty about the meds. I made my doctor change mine, since there was no generic. I've been off meds for 4 months now, and I think I need back on soon. Debating working every Saturday so I can have a day off during the week to start seeing someone about my mental health again. Working 9-5 during the week makes everything impossible. Saturdays suck, but it might be worth it for a bit.

2 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Lame. It sucks when people call off, but employers should expect that shit to happen this time of year so they should cover stuff better. We are down to a bare bones crew since people quit, and they are not replacing anyone with the system going away in a few months. When I started there were 8 people taking calls for all of the US and Canada, now there is 5. 3 people less makes a huge difference in call volume.

Shitty about the meds. I made my doctor change mine, since there was no generic. I've been off meds for 4 months now, and I think I need back on soon. Debating working every Saturday so I can have a day off during the week to start seeing someone about my mental health again. Working 9-5 during the week makes everything impossible. Saturdays suck, but it might be worth it for a bit.

I have an appointment Thursday morning so I'll see what I can do. I think you should do whatever you feel you need to do for yourself it's more important than the job that's for sure.

Oh for sure. I've been job hunting like crazy. The stress here is probably why I feel like shit all the time. I have a lot saved, so I'm debating putting in my 2 weeks soon, just to have some time off to clear my head while I job hunt. Probably not the smartest thing, but it is needed. Worst case, I got back to my easy $10/hour job for a bit.

Edited by Thomas³

12 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Oh for sure. I've been job hunting like crazy. The stress here is probably why I feel like shit all the time. I have a lot saved, so I'm debating putting in my 2 weeks soon, just to have some time off to clear my head while I job hunt. Probably not the smartest thing, but it is needed. Worst case, I got back to my easy $10/hour job for a bit.

Good luck to you, sounds like you have a little nest egg should you just need some decompression before job hunting again. There are plenty of jobs out there, it's your life and I won't tell you how to live it but for the duration I've known you, you've hated that job and they have shown you zero respect. You have a great work ethic and someone else would be happy to hire you and utilize your strengths

1 hour ago, Thomas³ said:

What sucks is our department is barely staffed. Combined with half my staff being in college with shit availability it's always a disaster when we get a call out. 

I've heard rumours of a snow storm this week, so we're getting slammed today. I was an hour and a half late taking my lunch break and as I was leaving I heard customers murmuring "How dare he walk away!?!?!" Like yo, I've been here for almost 6 hours. I need some fucking food.

16 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I once had a woman GRAB MY ARM and demand to know where I thought I was going. I was like "My shift ended two hours ago and the manager said I can't stay any longer...also don't touch me."

WTF? Why should something think it's ok to just grab someone like that? I'd have flipped shit on her.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic