I believe that Malone in Troy, NY is thomasj182

You put the pieces together and they do indeed fit! I forgot he mentioned he was gonna send me something for helping him choose a good post-rock record. A couple months had passed and I totally forgot about it.

/confusion

They put themselves and there parents in tremendous debt only to move back home or not be able to find a job. We are lied to at a young age that once you graduate you will be handed a 6 figure job. I am 31 and know people who complain about be in debt with a Liberal Arts degree. 

No. You are confused.

It is the SYSTEM that puts us into debt and it is the ECONOMY that leaves us not able to find a job.  Live in Canada or Europe and you can do exactly what we do here in the States,  minus the "tremendous debt" and "[in]ability to find a job."

Also, *their and *being.

I am aware of my spelling errors. I am typing this on a smashed phone and watching the T.V. at the same time, my bad.

All that I am saying is that I don't understand why someone would put themselves in debt only to enter a dead job market. Not everyone is going to make 100K a year.

I know I'm late to this so I apologize if I missed something but why would one ever assume that they'd make $100k right out of college?

Why put yourself in debt to enter a job market where the salary is not going to come close to being able to pay your debt off?

Okay, you've stated your point, but you're coming off as ignorant by making rash generalizations. I went to a four year college and came out with just over 20k in loans and within a couple years they are almost paid off entirely. Sure I'm not making six figures (yet) but I'm making a lot more than I would have just trying to get a job right out of high school. The system does end up screwing a lot of people over but works a lot of the time as well.

It's really up to people to make intelligent and financially responsible decisions, which is what being an adult is about. But just because you didn't go to college doesn't mean no one else should either.

I can dig where you are coming from jhook...college really is a sort of scam in this country that is probably better at turning out alcoholics than educated citizens, but that is another discussion for another day.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic