If I can get unlimited talk and text, and 2GBs of data for $40/mo I will shit my pants.That's less than half of what I pay now.

https://fi.google.com/about/plan/

I pay $51/mo for unlimited text/talk and 3GB of data before it gets throttled.  Er, my company pays for it now, but it's my plan.

I pay $30 a month for 100 minutes of talk, unlimited texts, and 5GB of LTE before it gets throttled.

Yeah, seriously, what the fuck is this. 100 minutes of talk? That's 100 more than I need, it's perfect. I've always wanted someone to do a plan that is focused on texting / data and not talk.

SHE WAS BORN IN THE 80s! SHE STILL USES HER PHONE AS A PHONE!

Damn, I want that!  Who are you through?

T-Mobile. It's one of their prepaid plans. It's supposed to be a plan that's exclusive to Walmart (you have to buy one of their phones to be able to sign up), but I've been able to sign all my siblings up for it by just searching Google for the link or calling customer service. I buy the refill cards on Ebay when they're cheap, so my plan is dirt cheap and works well for me. T-Mobile's network isn't great when outside of big cities, but I'm in the city almost all the time so it's perfect for me.

I do agree that Project Fi seems pretty sweet.  T-Mobile and Sprint have good coverage in most major cities, so I'd be fine.  But it might suck while traveling.

I think the best part about this besides the fuck ton of free hot spots is that say you sign up for 5GB, but only use 2GB, you only pay for 2. So you're never paying for data you don't use. I fucking love that.

T-Mobile. It's one of their prepaid plans. It's supposed to be a plan that's exclusive to Walmart (you have to buy one of their phones to be able to sign up), but I've been able to sign all my siblings up for it by just searching Google for the link or calling customer service. I buy the refill cards on Ebay when they're cheap, so my plan is dirt cheap and works well for me. T-Mobile's network isn't great when outside of big cities, but I'm in the city almost all the time so it's perfect for me.

I'm also T-Mobile and the network suuuuuuuucks

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic