The reason their doing it is probably due to increased competition from Google Fiber and the like. I'm guessing you're too far out of Kansas City to benefit from Google Fiber, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't due to it. My brother is in Austin and as soon as Google Fiber was announced there, TWC doubled his speeds for no additional cost. TWC/Comcast are in panic mode now, since their monopolies on markets are finally being jeopardized.

Totally. I live in kcks, where it started, but too far up north. My town has publically said we aren't getting fiber soon. So this move baffles me.

The only other provider is Uverse. And even that is more limited. They can't even offer higher than 50 in my radius. So weird.

Totally. I live in kcks, where it started, but too far up north. My town has publically said we aren't getting fiber soon. So this move baffles me.

The only other provider is Uverse. And even that is more limited. They can't even offer higher than 50 in my radius. So weird.

Yeah, who knows.  I can't imagine that TWC would triple your speed out of the kindness of their hearts ;)

i worn born wicked blonde with my parents both having black hair. my hair now is a pretty dark brown but my beard has so many lights orange and blonde hairs its weird. my hair is also wicked thick and curls if its long enough. it just poofs up when it gets long.

which brings me to this...i think i need a cream based hair product does this make sense? not a pomade. my barber uses night rider and i think it works well with my thick hair and the curls. does anyone recommend anything else?

http://www.amazon.com/Kevin-Murphy-Night-Rider-Texture/dp/B003PDI2QI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429835369&sr=8-1&keywords=knight+rider+hair

*i havent really had to do my hair, just the twice because i had weddings, other than that i wear my hat which is why i never purchased anything for my hair

Thail Mix.

Best of both worlds.

Split-Stale-Nail is what I think of with Thail

Comcast/Xfinity is the worst. Can't stand them. And they essentially have a monopoly here unless we go Dish.

Comcast here.  I refuse to have U-Verse again.  My bill is good for what I need, which isn't much  

For all you TWC/Comcast customers, I'd recommend buying your own cable modem too. They're like $60. Depending upon what your provider chargers monthly, you'll be saving money after 6-8 months. Don't give those shit companies anymore money than you have to :)

TWC has a list only they approve of. But I don't know shit bout modems

For all you TWC/Comcast customers, I'd recommend buying your own cable modem too. They're like $60. Depending upon what your provider chargers monthly, you'll be saving money after 6-8 months. Don't give those shit companies anymore money than you have to :)

This is one of TWC approved modems.

Yay or nah? ARRIS / Motorola SURFboard SBG6580 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem and Wi-Fi N Router- Retail Packaging (570763-006-00) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0040IUI46/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_dxzovb1S9DBSM

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0040IUI46/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_dxzovb1S9DBSM

This is one of TWC approved modems.

Yay or nah? ARRIS / Motorola SURFboard SBG6580 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem and Wi-Fi N Router- Retail Packaging (570763-006-00) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0040IUI46/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_dxzovb1S9DBSM

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0040IUI46/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_dxzovb1S9DBSM

I have a surfboard modem and I like it. I don't know about the modem/router combo, though. I'm sure someone else could tell you more.

I'm in Hammond, IN for a couple days for work. Just went to the BWW near my hotel and it was paaaacked because the Bulls and Blackhawks were both playing tonight. I feel so awkward sitting at a bar just keeping to myself when everyone else is really into what's going on around them. Also, I didn't think I'd feel weird being near Chicago, but I really do. My ex-fiancée is from here and I haven't even thought about her in quite a while, but as soon as I got here I started feeling like I just don't want to be around here. Super weird.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic