One experience I will never forget is my roommate was at a party that ran out of booze, so she decided to drink mouthwash instead. So dumb, but she threw up minty fresh vomit all over herself, bed and the wall next to her bed. It was so gross. This was in the dorms too. She wasn't my roommate for very long after that. 

Yeah, I mean I'm not a prude or anything. Most humans are sexual people & its all good. But it was 5pm & I had just gotten home from work.

& HE DIDN'T HAVE A FUCKING DOOR TO HIS BEDROOM.

I wish I could burn that entire scenario out of my brain.

yeah and i dont wanna come across as a dick or anything but just sleeping around i just...i dont like it. and i get that humans are sexual creatures and its everywhere. 

he didnt have a door?! goddamn  :blink:

i did have this female roommate who was an idiot, like i was surprised she was able to leave the house everyday and come back alive or not hurt. this might be gross i dunno...but made me pretty angry, EVERY TIME. she toss everything that has to do with a period into the toilet. not just the tampon the fucking dispenser and wrapper and not fucking flush...i mean you cant flush it anyway! but like what? like 4 times this happened. 

My first set of roommates were awesome. Well, two of them were and the other dude was just the fucking worst. But we had a ton of fun and threw some dope parties.

Then I had a few flakey roommates that just bounced. Now I rent a place with my two best friends, but luckily I spend 99% of my time at my girlfriend's because those dudes are awful to live with.

I moved in a few days before them because they refused to be there before the internet was set up. Since neither of them helped me move my girlfriend and I had really loud/obnoxious sex the entire time they were moving their shit in. Didn't realize my one friend's dad was there. Apparently he looked traumatized.

yeah and i dont wanna come across as a dick or anything but just sleeping around i just...i dont like it. and i get that humans are sexual creatures and its everywhere. 

he didnt have a door?! goddamn  :blink:

i did have this female roommate who was an idiot, like i was surprised she was able to leave the house everyday and come back alive or not hurt. this might be gross i dunno...but made me pretty angry, EVERY TIME. she toss everything that has to do with a period into the toilet. not just the tampon the fucking dispenser and wrapper and not fucking flush...i mean you cant flush it anyway! but like what? like 4 times this happened. 

Nah, you dont sound like a dick. I feel the same way. I can count who I've been w on 1 hand. To many i'd come off as a loser, but I couldnt care less. Sleepin around just aint my thing. I'd rather be with someone i actually give a shit about.

Haha yeah, it was awful.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkk. I'm surprised she was even able to use 1 properly :o . It's like people who dont use turn signals. It takes 1 second & a couple inches of movement from 1 FINGER (to flush I mean).

When I was in college my buddies parents bought a house downtown that they wanted to condo-ize and sell. So we all lived in the same house but we each had our own living room, bathroom and kitchen and entrance but also had a communal living area downstairs.

He gave me all my rent back as a graduation present. I love my wife, but this was the best living arrangement I've ever had.

haha i hear ya, when i lived with my best friend, we would never argue what to eat, what to watch or what video games to play. that set up you had seemed wicked cool.

but i love living with my girlfriend.

One experience I will never forget is my roommate was at a party that ran out of booze, so she decided to drink mouthwash instead. So dumb, but she threw up minty fresh vomit all over herself, bed and the wall next to her bed. It was so gross. This was in the dorms too. She wasn't my roommate for very long after that. 

haha im glad i never experienced dorms, yeah she wouldnt have been my roomie anymore either. my school didnt have dorms so we had to get apartments or commute.

I may have a full 8 hour shift bearing down on me, but at least it's been a good day so fart. Ordered a bunch of Full Moon movies on amazon because that damn Bad Channels soundtrack made me miss all of my old VHS copies of those movies. Those all came in today. Plus I made a quick stop at the record store and they had a Monty Python box set on sale for $80. Now I just have to find a way to watch all those movies and listen to all those records in one weekend.

Speaking of Bad Channels. Pretty sure I have a promo copy of the VHS lying around somewhere if anyone is interested. Definitely have the movie, just not sure if it's the promo stamped one.

Oh god I fogrgot about the girl who lived in my one apartment briefly. There was an understanding that the downstairs bathroom was mine because I had the smallest room and got stuck downstairs. She would use "my" bathroom and get period blood all over the place. Like the toilet seat would be covered and she'd just leave it.

She also took my Troy and A bed in the Morning mug to a friend's house, left it there for a week, and brought it back chipped and cracked.

Oh god I fogrgot about the girl who lived in my one apartment briefly. There was an understanding that the downstairs bathroom was mine because I had the smallest room and got stuck downstairs. She would use "my" bathroom and get period blood all over the place. Like the toilet seat would be covered and she'd just leave it.

She also took my Troy and A bed in the Morning mug to a friend's house, left it there for a week, and brought it back chipped and cracked.

yeah thats fucked. before i moved i was wondering what would be better a guy or girl roommate? i was leaning towards a girl, not just because i was a dude, but from having an older brother and just know how guys are...they are equally bad.

i would have helped too, no matter how much they sucked. maybe you felt bad for traumatizing the dad...

That and after I realized he was there I also realized he was lugging like 100 heavy boards up the stairs and then building my friend's lofted bed frame for him. So I helped the dad, not my friends.

Then again this same friend's mom once said to him "Well it sounds like Kevin had fun last night" with a knowing smile one time when I brought home a girl to his house. She apparently thought it was hilarious.

Male or female, roommates suck! Unless they're your significant other, then it's not so bad.

My girlfriend and I are looking for a place for July. I'm super excited. She works like 70+ hours a week so we're going to be able to afford a huge and dope apartment.

Of course I still have to pay rent on my place through November.

just got my first mail day that was two separate packages arriving at the same time

i think i like having a job

there was a point a few years ago where i got items every day of the week for a long time (it seemed like everyday) and i totally forgot what it was and it was a surprise every time i opened a package. i miss that

I did this but only because I was too scared to tell him he needed to stop sitting at home getting high and playing playstation and get a job to help pay rent. It was a guy on the couch type situation that lasted too long. He got extremely pissed off and I have learned that I need to speak up earlier before things reach that level.

there was also a time where i had no money and i was working overtime because i didnt wanna go home because i had no food to eat.

one night my roommate heard me come home and said i could have some of her hot dogs. i microwaved 3 hot dogs, it was great. 

there's a lot of shitty roomies but i have gained some great friendships thats for sure. 

there was a point a few years ago where i got items every day of the week for a long time (it seemed like everyday) and i totally forgot what it was and it was a surprise every time i opened a package. i miss that

im kinda at that point right now 

like three days of the week i get a package and its like a dream

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic