Charlie/Will : I have some time tomorrow and will give modem thoughts. The biggest thing I have is even if your modem litteraly dies once a year, you're still saving 40$ a year by buying one every year. And with Amazon Prime, you'll have a replacement before TWC or Comcast can get you one.

I'm not that familiar. How tough was the white whale?

it was part of a mystery release thing that talenthouse did thru RSD in either 2011 or 2012. It was only done in the UK and when people bought them, it didn't say what the release was until after you opened up the packaging. there were 7 artists involved and 100 made of each artists' single. so 700 in all.

http://secret-7.com/

I'd been looking for it since it that year's RSD lol. I bid on it once when it was located in the town next to me (which was odd since it was a uk-only release) and was outbid by $5. I never saw it again until a few weeks ago I noticed I missed another one that popped up on ebay. I decided to email everyone who had it listed on their discogs collection who didn't have any other ben howard vinyl and I had two offers - one of which was well below what the one I missed went for on ebay. :)

it was part of a mystery release thing that talenthouse did thru RSD in either 2011 or 2012. It was only done in the UK and when people bought them, it didn't say what the release was until after you opened up the packaging. there were 7 artists involved and 100 made of each artists' single. so 700 in all.

http://secret-7.com/

I'd been looking for it since it that year's RSD lol. I bid on it once when it was located in the town next to me (which was odd since it was a uk-only release) and was outbid by $5. I never saw it again until a few weeks ago I noticed I missed another one that popped up on ebay. I decided to email everyone who had it listed on their discogs collection who didn't have any other ben howard vinyl and I had two offers - one of which was well below what the one I missed went for on ebay. :)

Definitely a great story, super hyped for you.

we had a freeze warning here too. it snowed in some parts of nj and pa! had to break out the winter jacket again :(

haha yeah a lot of places have been getting snow, some places in RI got snow yesterday. haha there's some mornings here that i need my windbreaker. i am not looking forward to summer here at all.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic