to be fair, the pedophilia claims against Jake Mcelfresh, aka Front Porch Step are alleged. he has not been convicted of anything yet. remember the Conor Oberst rape allegations that proved false?

To be fair, did you read ANY of the arricles/claims surrounding this? Motherfucker ADMITTED TO DOING WHAT WAS CLAIMED.

I try! I was really happy this morning posting a link to an update for a Denison Witmer album. I've really grown to like this community since joining in february

Yeah, you've turned out to be pretty cool in my book.

That warped tour stuff is fucked up, but if he hasn't been convicted, "innocent until proven guilty" and all that.

As a festival targeted towards youths, mostly those under 18, it would be wise for Warped not to allow someone with sexual misconduct (with minors) accusations against them to be part of the tour.

Yeah innocent until proven guilty and all that, but warped isn't a court room. Even then, most sexual predators are never convicted. It's a festival for underage kids. An alleged pedophile shouldn't be there.

I either get to spend them all on records, or start saving for a house for me and the future wife.

Hard decision. Haha.

A bit of both? Ehhh, there's always a way with that kinda buffer zone. No matter the use, good for you for applying yourself and getting ahead so well. It's cool when you see people get what they deserve for working hard, it's rare now.

A bit of both? Ehhh, there's always a way with that kinda buffer zone. No matter the use, good for you for applying yourself and getting ahead so well. It's cool when you see people get what they deserve for working hard, it's rare now.

Definitely a bit of both. I decided I'm already taking that difference in pay ($10k) and putting that aside a year. That'll be my house fund, then I'll spend what I normally do on records. The lady and I are aiming for a sick music room one day. Thorens TD-160 MKII table here I come!

And this is more than just a job to me. This is a future. I finally feel like I can start making Portland my home with this job, and this new apartment. I can start building a future with the woman I love, and I'm fucking stoked. I never thought I would get to this point. Especially since I've lived in 5 states in the last 4-1/2 years. It's been a rough road, but I'm finally on the right path.

It's been a rough road, but I'm finally on the right path.

I'm dealing with a pretty difficult and stressful journey myself, but I'm trying to hold on to as much faith as possible it will all straighten itself out when the time is right. Hoping when I'm able to move finally I can find somewhere I find comfortable and at home like you did.  

I'm dealing with a pretty difficult and stressful journey myself, but I'm trying to hold on to as much faith as possible it will all straighten itself out when the time is right. Hoping when I'm able to move finally I can find somewhere I find comfortable and at home like you did.  

It definitely took me a while and it was a rough journey. Growing up half in CA, and half in VA. Then moving in NYC cause I had no other options, ended up hating it. Tried to move to Seattle only to have my friend bail. Ended up moving in Utah for a year. Then finally moved to Seattle with my ex and ended up hating her and Seattle. Finally made it to Portland and it was everything I wanted, and where the love of my life lives. So it all worked out. Took almost 30 years, but I held in there, and so should you. And know others know the feeling, and if you want any advice or to vent, I'm here.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic