being an adult is similar but instead of being occupied with homework, you're occupied with maintaining an income and paying bills. Seriously, enjoy your teenage years. You may not think it now, but being an adult sucks alot sometimes.

So in essence, it only gets from bad to worse. Personally, I find it hard to enjoy something when I haven't yet experienced adulthood to compare to this. This is, relative to my life experience, the hardest it's ever been. So even though I get what you're saying, I feel caught in a veritable Catch-22 of not having the experience and mindset to enjoy this until after it's over :(

So in essence, it only gets from bad to worse. Personally, I find it hard to enjoy something when I haven't yet experienced adulthood to compare to this. This is, relative to my life experience, the hardest it's ever been. So even though I get what you're saying, I feel caught in a veritable Catch-22 of not having the experience and mindset to enjoy this until after it's over :(

It happens to everyone.  whether it happens to one at 16, or 24, there will be a time where you get slapped w an adult issue.  

imo, remember being a kid, for future use in adulthood.  your inner child never has to die, even if you had to fend for yourself in your teenage yrs.

Calculus will be the least of your concerns, young padawan.

In many many ways being an adult is awesome. Sure having a job and bills suck, but that's about it. I'd take being an adult out of school any day. High School was the worst, for me anyway.

Same here...

I always subscribed to this quote in high school,

"If I ever start referring to these being the best years of my life, I am going to kill myself. "

And I stand by that. High School sucked, and while adulthood certainly has its challenges, I have had a rewarding and fulfilling life since getting out of the shit hole called High School.

I don't much have time for friends. That's why I'm on the board instead. :unsure: I have no interest in drugs or drinking. Finding out who I am? What exactly does that mean?

And I put concerts into the 'listening to music' category.

Wait until you're 18, but drugs and drinking are super fun.

Two kids left daycare sick yesterday and then my daughter threw up (not sure how bad) later in the day so they decided she was sick too and she can't go in today. She is fine other than a stuffy nose, but oh well. We're just hanging out :). Gonna go to Disneyland later when Jen gets off work.

Two kids left daycare sick yesterday and then my daughter threw up (not sure how bad) later in the day so they decided she was sick too and she can't go in today. She is fine other than a stuffy nose, but oh well. We're just hanging out :). Gonna go to Disneyland later when Jen gets off work.

Sounds like a pretty solid Friday!

I loved high school, but I don't want to go back. That's silly. I didn't have a beard or money (I still don't, but I make much more) and I wasn't fat. I did have a much cooler car back then, though.

Exactly. High school was a blast for me, but I'll stick with being an adult (who sometimes acts like a 16yo)

Sounds like a pretty solid Friday!

Exactly. High school was a blast for me, but I'll stick with being an adult (who sometimes acts like a 16yo)

Should be! Teaching Lena that she has to watch the price is right if she's home sick from school. There are rules.

The best part about high school was not going to high school :D

Well, I just had that calc test. Wasn't quite as bad as I thought it would be, but I still can't see myself doing very well on it. Y'all helped me ease up for the earlier part of the day, though, so up until the exam, I stopped stressing. Still have to take part two on Monday, but at least we're allowed to use a calculator for that section.

I loved high school, but I don't want to go back. That's silly. I didn't have a beard or money (I still don't, but I make much more) and I wasn't fat. I did have a much cooler car back then, though.

High school was only cool for hanging out for friends more often, since we had no other responsibilites. I'd rather be an adult too. Just don't take HS so seriously, if you want to get into Harvard or whatever try your best, just don't overstress yourself about it. You'll have plenty of that later on. Like it was said before, make time for friends, do new things (drink, do drugs, fuck, whatever you want or don't), just don't waste away studying.

High school was only cool for hanging out for friends more often, since we had no other responsibilites. I'd rather be an adult too. Just don't take HS so seriously, if you want to get into Harvard or whatever try your best, just don't overstress yourself about it. You'll have plenty of that later on. Like it was said before, make time for friends, do new things (drink, do drugs, fuck, whatever you want or don't), just don't waste away studying.

Advice appreciated.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic