WOOOO!  Tonight after I get off work I'll be playing at a house party!  There's gonna be a few local groups there that'll draw a crowd, so I think it's gonna end up being a preeeetty good night.

Sounds like an awesome night.

This evening I've been listening to nothing but 80's metal bands. So far I've run through Bang Tango, Bulletboys, Dangerous Toys, Love/Hate, and now Dokken. Dokken will always been my all-time favorite of the bunch...especially their live album Beast from the East...I wish I owned that on vinyl. Gotta get on that. 

Haven't done it before. :/

just walk into the store and ask them for an application. retail (or really any type of mass chain type place) is usually pretty straightforward. you go in, you find someone who works there (try for a manager) and tell them you'd like to apply for a job, they have you fill out an application.

Haven't done it before. :/

just walk into the store and ask them for an application. retail (or really any type of mass chain type place) is usually pretty straightforward. you go in, you find someone who works there (try for a manager) and tell them you'd like to apply for a job, they have you fill out an application.

Essentially that ^. Turn it in, and if they don't call you, move onto the next place and hope for the best!

Basically every retail store does online applications now.

So yeah, just go to Best Buy's website nd click on like "careers" or something.

Alternatively: buy khakis and a blue polo then just show up and try to buy speakers with the employee discount.

I was so mad !! My job wouldn't give me the time off <_<

I work with a dude who no call no showed last week and then the next day called up, after his shift would have started and was like "Oh yeah, I decided to stay in Florida for an extra week"

Somehow he still works here and I hate everything and everyone.

Basically every retail store does online applications now.

So yeah, just go to Best Buy's website nd click on like "careers" or something.

Alternatively: buy khakis and a blue polo then just show up and try to buy speakers with the employee discount.

i still say it's better to go in and talk to a manager. a face-to-face interaction, even for just a minute is way better than just being another entry in their database. and could make the difference between getting a job or not. 

i still say it's better to go in and talk to a manager. a face-to-face interaction, even for just a minute is way better than just being another entry in their database. and could make the difference between getting a job or not.

I would suggest doing that after submitting the online app. That's when you talk to a manager. Beforehand they'll just brush you off like "Yeah yeah, just go fill out the thing on the site"

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic