Also, this year is just the craziest year for records for me. IN.SANE.

My pre-order/incoming list this year is huge. It's been a while since I ordered so much online. It is a great year for music though.

I hear you there. I think I'm going to start keeping track of where my collection is at the beginning and end of every year.

Right? The end of this year/first quarter of next year has a ton of reissues coming up that I'm interested in and some really exciting new releases from STB records. Just stuff that hasn't gone up for preorder yet:

Reissues:

The first two Grimes albums

The Promise Ring reissues (Jets to Brazil too, but I'm not as crazy over those)

The Appleseed Cast - Peregrine

The next four Iced Earth reissues

Not to mention all my POs I'm waiting on

Plus, new albums from Wounded Giant, Ancient Warlocks, and the new Goya album's vinyl release. Stoooooooked.

Just finished all of Charlotte (the new project from KEY) and at first I thought it was pretty disappointing. I loved Angel Beats/Clannad so that kinda bummed me out. About half way through the series though, just after they lulled me into a false sense of security, I literally yelled at the screen "wait, no, what the fuck?!" And it really kicked ass from there on in. It was pretty evil for them to have set the series up so slow just for a "gotcha". KEY has a reputation for doing stuff like that but it's usually pretty immediate so I just figured they were taking a different approach since everyone would be expecting the standard. Really great though, the subtle foreshadowing gave me some idea that something was amiss, but damn I wasn't expecting what happened. Favorite of the Summer 2015 season for sure

Just finished all of Charlotte (the new project from KEY) and at first I thought it was pretty disappointing. I loved Angel Beats/Clannad so that kinda bummed me out. About half way through the series though, just after they lulled me into a false sense of security, I literally yelled at the screen "wait, no, what the fuck?!" And it really kicked ass from there on in. It was pretty evil for them to have set the series up so slow just for a "gotcha". KEY has a reputation for doing stuff like that but it's usually pretty immediate so I just figured they were taking a different approach since everyone would be expecting the standard. Really great though, the subtle foreshadowing gave me some idea that something was amiss, but damn I wasn't expecting what happened. Favorite of the Summer 2015 season for sure

If anyone has no idea what he's talking about, it's anime, you're not supposed to get it  :lol:

And I'm 95% sure KEY is a production studio.

If anyone has no idea what he's talking about, it's anime, you're not supposed to get it  :lol:

And I'm 95% sure KEY is a production studio.

I couldn't find the anime thread on mobile.

KEY is a studio that does anime/visual novels and they've done a lot of stuff I really liked. Their stuff is kinda notorious for being really depressing though. Their new series was a sci-fi lite sorta thing. I tend to not be much of a sci-fi guy but I thought this was pretty well done. Wasn't Star Wars esque sci-fi, more about a disease/powers that are explained by science rather than magic

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic