I had an evaluation meeying for my job, I scored all 1's and 2's besides a 4 for dress code. 1 is the lowest. Wish they fired me instead of telling me how bad I am at this.

Dude, don't feel too bad. Meat department is fucking tough. At my old store they BEGGED me to switch to meat department. I had to straight up tell my manager "I can't lift that much weight consistently for 8 hours. If I could I would take the raise in a heartbeat. Please stop asking."

It's backbreaking work and it sucks.

I got an iced coffee from McDonalds today (I know, I know) and they had run out of creamer there, so the girl said they'd only put the liquid sugar in it.  It's no big deal to me, because I usually drink my hot coffee black, so I figured sweetened black iced coffee would be at least palatable.  The first slurp I took was just pure syrup.  I looked at the bottom of the cup and saw that the coffee was floating on a layer of pure liquid sugar.  After trying to stir it all in, I realized that they had added far too much of the stuff to the drink and it was basically 30% sugar syrup, 50% coffee and 20% ice.  

I ended up throwing it away.  Never will I drink McDonalds iced coffee without creamer again.

In other news, last night I witnessed a guy fuck around with a phototheremin (the baby head one) at full volume for 30 minutes at 2 am.  It was like an amalgam of '85 Butthole Surfers and abusive alcoholism percolated through a "fuck the neighbors" filter.

It inspired me to today invest in a Moog Theremini.  Should be at my door on Tuesday.

In other news, last night I witnessed a guy fuck around with a phototheremin (the baby head one) at full volume for 30 minutes at 2 am.  It was like an amalgam of '85 Butthole Surfers and abusive alcoholism percolated through a "fuck the neighbors" filter.

It inspired me to today invest in a Moog Theremini.  Should be at my door on Tuesday.

Inspiration comes from the strangest places sometimes. 

Also, points for nice use of 'amalgam'!

Inspiration comes from the strangest places sometimes. 

Also, points for nice use of 'amalgam'!

It'd been on my mind for a loooooong while, but seeing this dude just make pure, unadulterated noise through a 300w bass amp made me realize the capacity of the instrument - and his was just a basic babyhead phototheremin.  I picked up the Moog Theremini, which is a analogue-digital hybrid theremin - capable of using the Moog synthesizer presets with the original theremin.  It'll be a good learning tool and will help capture the experimental psychedelic noise punk sound that I've been striving for in my band recently.

On another note, has anyone seen the Hatsune Miku pedal? That's just ridiculous and I'm the target demographic. $200 is nuts. I might have gotten it to screw around with at $50, but emphasis on the might.

That thing would be hilarious to bust out, but it's so limited in use that it would get hackneyed and played out pretty quickly.

Haha, weird!

I miss all of my guitar equipment. One pedal I always wanted but never got was the HOG.

Electro-Harmonix makes some amazing pedals.  Their classic is, of course, the Big Muff.

Since I'm primarily a bassist, I fell in love with the Swollen Pickle.  It's basically an updated and augmented Big Muff Pi that's capable of providing such diverse fuzz from a light breakup to a wall of squares.  It's really heavy and great for bass and guitar alike.

Electro-Harmonix makes some amazing pedals.  Their classic is, of course, the Big Muff.

Since I'm primarily a bassist, I fell in love with the Swollen Pickle.  It's basically an updated and augmented Big Muff Pi that's capable of providing such diverse fuzz from a light breakup to a wall of squares.  It's really heavy and great for bass and guitar alike.

I had a Metal Muff for some time and it was just too harsh/metallic-y sounding for my tastes.

I can't wait to hook up the Theremini to my pedalboard routed to my 350w Peavey bass amp and piss off the neighbors' neighbors.

Or maybe just fuck around with it while wearing headphones to avoid confrontation.  Luckily, my buddy's place is perfect for getting loud, so it's where we do a lot of practice.

I had a Metal Muff for some time and it was just too harsh/metallic-y sounding for my tastes.

Yeah, the Metal Muff is a horrible pedal.  If you want some good overdrive/fuzz/distortion, go with the classic Muff or even a Russian Muff if you can find one.  I enjoy my Swollen Pickle, and not just for the name.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic