I already have my funeral song picked out.

FAME!

I distinctly remember thinking to myself "this will be my funeral song" a few months ago, and I somehow recall every detail except for the song I was listening to. Ugh this is gonna be one of those things that it physically hurts me not to recall.

My funeral needs death and or black metal to make people uncomfortable.

*all three of you uncomfortable

I distinctly remember thinking to myself "this will be my funeral song" a few months ago, and I somehow recall every detail except for the song I was listening to. Ugh this is gonna be one of those things that it physically hurts me not to recall.

Would you say it's killing you?

I'm gonna announce that Foo Fighters are playing at my funeral.  Then when my friends show up to see Foo Fighters, they'll see that I have situated a cardboard cutout of the band next to my open casket and My Hero playing over the intercom.

When people leave from disappointment, I'll know who my real friends are.

Gotcha. Was thinking you were among the small circle that is lefty players like me. Be happy you are not, my instruments come in two models, cheap student starter crap, or overpriced stuff I can't afford

Ah. I got my PRS 245 SE for $330 which was a pretty great buy and it plays great. I'd get it set up for the winter but I don't have the money and don't have enough time to play it

Gotcha. Was thinking you were among the small circle that is lefty players like me. Be happy you are not, my instruments come in two models, cheap student starter crap, or overpriced stuff I can't afford

Jimi Hendrix that shit.

Yeah, they do. The dots keep the record off the metal platter, and are supposed to help with sound dampening and such. 

The version of B&E off the Nothing Demo (Poshlost) is so fucking good.

I think I finally got my cartridge aligned properly. It sounds a lot better.

Edit: Is it weird I'm envious of people who have things like Crosley's and other cheap players and are perfectly happy with how they sound? I feel like I'm doomed to always want to tweak upgrade etc, and will never be 100% happy with my set-up. I'll also constantly worry I'm doing something wrong and damaging my player/records/etc. Ignorance is bliss.

I think I finally got my cartridge aligned properly. It sounds a lot better.

Edit: Is it weird I'm envious of people who have things like Crosley's and other cheap players and are perfectly happy with how they sound? I feel like I'm doomed to always want to tweak upgrade etc, and will never be 100% happy with my set-up. I'll also constantly worry I'm doing something wrong and damaging my player/records/etc. Ignorance is bliss.

Like I said before, if you're happy with what you have and the way it sounds it doesn't matter what it stacks up to vs. someone else's set up. Tweaking it is part of the fun of having the upgrading option

I just hate the feeling of always chasing the perfect sound.

I also think any noise I hear on the record now are down to the player being truer, and I'm hearing damage from prior owners, myself etc. There also seems to be a bit of static produced by the mat, which might be causing some of the pops and clicks I hear. I'm happy though, the player sounds amazing.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic