seems odd. unless hes not getting paid for miles.

when i do press checks i get like .55 cents a mile. and i keep my mileage 'as high as possible'

All his miles are expensed to the business.  He has a gas card so he doesn't pay out of pocket for that regardless of whether its personal or not.

Yeah, budgeting with mileage is a strange thing. He's probably just trying to keep that money available elsewhere.

It's for taxes.  He doesn't want to pay the taxes out of pocket.  He'd rather the business pay for it.

So I just learned that I'm going to be relocated to Orlando for my job.

take me with you. Orlando is one of the places I have focused my job search on.

I have had no idea about the chaos that is ensuing down in Georgia and southern states. Im sitting here at Dunkin job searching, look up at the TV and see CNN is reporting about the gridlock all across Atlanta and other cities. I knew the cold weather was going to affect people down there because they dont have the tools/equipment to handle snow/ice/sleet. I just had no clue it was this bad down there. They were interviewing people on the side of the highway because they had been stranded there for 13-14+ hours.

take me with you. Orlando is one of the places I have focused my job search on.

I have had no idea about the chaos that is ensuing down in Georgia and southern states. Im sitting here at Dunkin job searching, look up at the TV and see CNN is reporting about the gridlock all across Atlanta and other cities. I knew the cold weather was going to affect people down there because they dont have the tools/equipment to handle snow/ice/sleet. I just had no clue it was this bad down there. They were interviewing people on the side of the highway because they had been stranded there for 13-14+ hours.

For sure dude! Us Ohioans have to stick together. Hah. I actually just got off the phone with a woman who works in Marietta. She said bascially what you did (don't have the tools or know-how to handle that type of situation)

Well the rich don't stay rich if they're paying for everything!

Exactly.  This is such a mundane task.  I've already had to redo it like 4 times... once including closing the spreadsheet in Excel and opening it in a duplicate Excel screen so I could "see the documents side-by-side" which is what I was already doing, only in 1 Excel screen.

I don't know why - since they want this tax break so much apparently - they didn't keep track of their mileage throughout the year so this could go much smoother.

......go on...

There's a drug rehab clinic on the outskirts of my jobs delivery area (about a 12 mile round trip that takes 30ish min because the lights). When I get there with the food they take another 15 min to come outside and pay me. When they do the guy asks me if I have any sauce in my car (does anyone ever? That's such a weird question). Anyways, I don't so he's like "ah crap alright" and walks away. Tipped $1 so I was already mad that I lost 45 min of my shift and wasted more gas than the tip was worth plus my shit $5 tip wage meant I was gonna have around a $4 hour.

When I got back to the store there was a free order to the same place waiting for me. My boss told me that they said they ordered the larger version of something, which was bullshit because I took their order on the phone. This time though there was sauce added to the order and underlined so they specifically made sure the sauce was coming, I instantly knew they lied about the food just to get me to deliver them a fucking cup of sauce. I was beyond heated at the fact that I was about to add another 45 min making less than the last hour all because this asshole forgot to add something to his order. What he ordered was covered in a butter + cheese sauce that let all sorts of my fluids blend in, I hope he enjoyed it.

It's not quite as bad here in Athens as it is in Atlanta and further north and west right now. I feel so bad for the people who are out there stranded in their cars or stores or whatever, and I haven't left my house since 2pm, except to have a quick snowball fight with two of my roommates.

The pictures of all the cars stranded are crazy. Glad Athens wasn't too bad, good snow for balls for sure

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic