Characters in fiction shouldn't necessarily be "normal people."

Not always, but I enjoy it sometimes. I just get much more emotionally invested in something when I see myself or people I know in the characters. It just makes it feel more real (real isn't the right word, I can't think how to put what I'm thinking down...). Pulp Fiction or The Departed didn't feature average people but were still good. I just enjoy the two differently.

I agree with this one, especially because most of his anime focuses on non-normal people

non-normal, but relateable. Kyon wasn't in normal situations, but he was still a really relateable character. I've already said my peace about Issei, but the whole show revolves around a three way war between heaven/hell/fallen angels which isn't exactly normal, but it still manages to have characters that I can personally relate to or know people who are similar to that character.

I used to love reading. I'd still do it if I had the time. Well, more time...reading for school makes me not want to read more stuff in the same timespan.

Yeah, it does take up a lot of time. I never did read for the prose, but I gotta say... I do fancy me some nice prose (prolly 'cause I can't do it for shit).

Hey, highschool only ended for me two years ago, I still have memories. ;P

But no I haven't tried that one.

Maybe you'd enjoy it then if you don't mind the ecchi nature of it and can give it a few episodes to get going. It takes a few episodes to establish all the characters and doesn't really start the meat of the story until after that around episode 5 or 6. The story once it gets going is pretty strong though. If you haven't seen it Mirai Nikki is pretty amazing too.

Saturday night woo! In bed at 9PM woo!

It happens, especially with your crazy 5am shifts. At least you had your two days off. Midnight here, and just sitting around. I took 2 naps today, feeling pretty good/worthless.

Yeah, it does take up a lot of time. I never did read for the prose, but I gotta say... I do fancy me some nice prose (prolly 'cause I can't do it for shit).

I try to read for about 1/2 hour to an hour most nights. Lately I've been failing, but I picked up Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World, so I'm pretty excited to get back into it. Whenever I get kind of bored with books I pick up a "new" Murakami book to read.

Maybe you'd enjoy it then if you don't mind the ecchi nature of it and can give it a few episodes to get going. It takes a few episodes to establish all the characters and doesn't really start the meat of the story until after that around episode 5 or 6. The story once it gets going is pretty strong though. If you haven't seen it Mirai Nikki is pretty amazing too.

I've never been one to mind ecchi. I mean, I've never encountered an anime so ecchi-filled that it annoyed me. If it did, I'd probably be more annoyed at the lack of a story development that the ecchi is obviously filling for. I need to see Mirai Nikki still. It sounds right up my alley. Have you seen When They Cry/Higurashi (no Naku koro ni)?

I try to read for about 1/2 hour to an hour most nights. Lately I've been failing, but I picked up Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World, so I'm pretty excited to get back into it. Whenever I get kind of bored with books I pick up a "new" Murakami book to read.

I'm actually watching a TV series on Netflix (Once Upon A Time), so that's taking up my pre-sleep time atm. But it's a good idea. I need actual books tho

I've never been one to mind ecchi. I mean, I've never encountered an anime so ecchi-filled that it annoyed me. If it did, I'd probably be more annoyed at the lack of a story development that the ecchi is obviously filling for. I need to see Mirai Nikki still. It sounds right up my alley. Have you seen When They Cry/Higurashi (no Naku koro ni)?

I tried and couldn't get into it, I absolutely hated the art style. DxD is the one ecchi anise I think would stand on it's own based on the story alone. Comedy is A++ too. For stupid comedy too I absolutely love Noucome

Think you mentioned them but I don't remember what they are like. I have to finish AQWF for English first though.

I tried and couldn't get into it, I absolutely hated the art style. DxD is the one ecchi anise I think would stand on it's own based on the story alone. Comedy is A++ too. For stupid comedy too I absolutely love Noucome

Aw man. The story in When They Cry is crazy tho. Stupid comedy... the only anime I've seen like that is "The Average Life of Highschool Boys" or something like that. And then there's the fan-service-parody anime like Girls Bravo or Yamada's First Time that were fucking hilarious tbh.

Aw man. The story in When They Cry is crazy tho. Stupid comedy... the only anime I've seen like that is "The Average Life of Highschool Boys" or something like that. And then there's the fan-service-parody anime like Girls Bravo or Yamada's First Time that were fucking hilarious tbh.

Noucome and DxD need to be next on your list. My avatar is Issei from DxD

Think you mentioned them but I don't remember what they are like. I have to finish AQWF for English first though.

most of his stuff falls kind of into "magic realism" realm, but I tend to call it fantastic realism, because magic realism implies more of a fantasy setting to me.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic