I'm back from wherever I was

Went to the mall to get a jacket. Wanted to get in and get out because I hate people. I now see why you guys hate people my age.

Oh, Chuck--it showed up today. I'm really happy with it.

ER5TWjY.jpg

Unless someone actually bothered to forge the signatures, they match up with other C&C autographs I saw online.

I'm back from wherever I was

Oh, Chuck--it showed up today. I'm really happy with it.

ER5TWjY.jpg

Unless someone actually bothered to forge the signatures, they match up with other C&C autographs I saw online.

Looks good. I was debating taking my Doppelganger to get signed on Wednesday but I decided I'd rather be able to fuck around and be up close jumping around.

Still haven't heard the album. What is it like?

Pure amazement. It's kind of hard to describe but it's elements of black metal, ambient, and shoe gaze. The shoe gaze is very MBV. It's like Sunbather, but not a duplicate. I really enjoy it. I think it's better than Sunbather actually. It's in my top 5 for the year for sure.

That's cause we are having all these dumb HT represses, soundtracks, and other worthless shit delaying everything.

Quite true, plus all the mainstream crap the majors are putting out in huge numbers that won't sell well. It's annoying, but not much we can do with this "vinyl revival" going on. It gets pretty annoying waiting an extra 3-4 months for a release though.

Side note, why the fuck am I so tired at 11?!

Quite true, plus all the mainstream crap the majors are putting out in huge numbers that won't sell well. It's annoying, but not much we can do with this "vinyl revival" going on. It gets pretty annoying waiting an extra 3-4 months for a release though.

Side note, why the fuck am I so tired at 11?!

Daylight savings kicked in. Now that is gets dark earlier you're brain is fucking with you and telling you you're tired at 11 instead of 1.

Pure amazement. It's kind of hard to describe but it's elements of black metal, ambient, and shoe gaze. The shoe gaze is very MBV. It's like Sunbather, but not a duplicate. I really enjoy it. I think it's better than Sunbather actually. It's in my top 5 for the year for sure.

Yeah, I'm super impressed by the members of Deafheaven. They really did a great job of not releasing Sunbather 2.0 but still wrote fantastic material. Luna is their best song written, hands down.

Yeah, I'm super impressed by the members of Deafheaven. They really did a great job of not releasing Sunbather 2.0 but still wrote fantastic material. Luna is their best song written, hands down.

I'm really loving Baby Blue. It might be my favorite track by them. Whole thing is so solid from front to back. I fell in love with it pretty much after one play through. Sunbather wasn't as much of an attention grabber for me honestly. It took a few months for me to fall in love with it. New Bermuda just grabbed on and wouldn't let go.

Both albums got me hooked immediately. Idk about you, but when I had listened to Sunbather I was already kinda in to the DSBM-type stuff, which, I know Sunbather isn't a DSBM album, but there's definitely similar feels there. Hearing Sunbather was a pretty refreshing moment for me. Especially the title track. A section of that song is still my ringtone.

The intro to Baby Blue is such a jam. It's pretty crazy listening to Roads to Judah and then this.

In my opinion New Bermuda has more layers, and substance, is more intricate, and is just more impressive all around. They seem to have challenged themselves for on this album, and it really shows. I love Sunbather, but I really think this album shines brighter. Incorporates multiple genres into the black metal, it just impressed me so much. So diverse, and so satisfying. I like that I can't say 'oh, it sounds like (insert album'. I can't have an album pop in my head to compare it to, and I love that.

In my opinion New Bermuda has more layers, and substance, is more intricate, and is just more impressive all around. They seem to have challenged themselves for on this album, and it really shows. I love Sunbather, but I really think this album shines brighter. Incorporates multiple genres into the black metal, it just impressed me so much. So diverse, and so satisfying. I like that I can't say 'oh, it sounds like (insert album'. I can't have an album pop in my head to compare it to, and I love that.

Whole-heartedly agree. I was on the fence at first on whether or not I liked it more than Sunbather, but I definitely do. I still need to see them live. :(

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic