I'm new to VC and one thing I've noticed is that everyone that sells seems to be selling some of the same records, example; circa survive, pelican, pig destroyer, against me, etc etc. Or tons of the same record of different pressings, reissues, reissues of reissues. Personally, I'm just looking for stuff that I want to spin and enjoy. I don't have a problem with anyone else's collecting habits, I'm just wondering if I'm going to end up hoarding like that in the very near future.

i noticed that as well in my rookie year. dont even think about saying 'picked up one for my friend but he didnt want it' as that wont go over well. the 'collective' tag for this site means many things, including the collections and joy some find in collecting them all. labels are now aware that pretty records sell. you can have a /500 splatter for $5 more sell faster than the black 180 gram for $5 less. just up to you. its your money and taste. if you collect anything in general or like to have sets of things, chances are youll be wearing the 'variant club' jacket in no time.

i noticed that as well in my rookie year. dont even think about saying 'picked up one for my friend but he didnt want it' as that wont go over well. the 'collective' tag for this site means many things, including the collections and joy some find in collecting them all. labels are now aware that pretty records sell. you can have a /500 splatter for $5 more sell faster than the black 180 gram for $5 less. just up to you. its your money and taste. if you collect anything in general or like to have sets of things, chances are youll be wearing the 'variant club' jacket in no time.

I wear that jacket for my friends bands and albums I am utterly in love with only.

I wear that jacket for my friends bands and albums I am utterly in love with only.

the things we do for love.

i drove 3 hours one way every weekend for 2 years for a girl.

if its a band, ill find a way to stop the world. supporting these bands is no different as I'm sure you see them as your friends first.

the things we do for love.

i drove 3 hours one way every weekend for 2 years for a girl.

if its a band, ill find a way to stop the world. supporting these bands is no different as I'm sure you see them as your friends first.

Absolutely they're friends first, Casper debated calling me before the news got out that they quit.

Morning shift, just lucky I can still type with one hand this morning. Remember that time you had a seizure while driving and ran straight into a tree? Oh yea, that was me last night.... Let me just tell you folks, an airbag is no soft kiss goodnight.... broken finger, feeling like I was in a WWE title fight with 2x4's...........That was my swan song guys, I now join the non driving populous...

Morning shift, just lucky I can still type with one hand this morning. Remember that time you had a seizure while driving and ran straight into a tree? Oh yea, that was me last night.... Let me just tell you folks, an airbag is no soft kiss goodnight.... broken finger, feeling like I was in a WWE title fight with 2x4's...........That was my swan song guys, I now join the non driving populous...

Holy shit :( 

Dominant hand or no?

I'm glad you're okay ! That sounds terrifying :(

I'm sorry Jason, that shit is scary. I hope all is well now and you get better soon.

I'm really fucking pissed off about the crime in town lately. On Monday night some 21 year old kid working at his brother's pizza shop was robbed and after he gave the robber the money, they shot and killed him for no reason. There have been too many murders this year, and too many violent crimes. They think the killer is one of two suspects that have been robbing all the dollar stores in the area, and when they do they pistol whip all the employees and one they tried to shoot but missed. Akron is a small town, around 200k people, and we should not be having so damn many problems.

Good morning all you lovely folks! How's everyone doing?

Although that sounds absolutely horrendous, I'm glad to hear you're less hurt than you could have been - wishing you a fast recovery!

I'm sorry Jason, that shit is scary. I hope all is well now and you get better soon.

I'm really fucking pissed off about the crime in town lately. On Monday night some 21 year old kid working at his brother's pizza shop was robbed and after he gave the robber the money, they shot and killed him for no reason. There have been too many murders this year, and too many violent crimes. They think the killer is one of two suspects that have been robbing all the dollar stores in the area, and when they do they pistol whip all the employees and one they tried to shoot but missed. Akron is a small town, around 200k people, and we should not be having so damn many problems.

I'm so sick of bad news... Violence has become the social standard here in the good ol' US of A...

Although that sounds absolutely horrendous, I'm glad to hear you're less hurt than you could have been - wishing you a fast recovery!

Thank you very much. I think the pain of feeling stupid is worse than the physical part...

It really has, and I'm getting sick of it. Why can't people get along?

27 murders in a year is a pretty high number for a town of 200k.

http://www.ohio.com/news/local/homicides-on-the-rise-in-akron-death-toll-is-27-in-2015-1.646172

That's ridiculous for such a small area. And why can't people just get along? Have you read the tantrums some throw in these threads?? We wanna fight over a record, how can we have world peace??

Oof I'm sorry Jason, I'm just glad you are ok. You can't beat yourself up about it, it's nothing you can really control. I used to have a roommate who has epileptic on both sides of her brain, I had to take care of her all the time and stop her from hitting her head on stuff. She would always get down about it too. I can't begin to imagine how sucky it is 

Oof I'm sorry Jason, I'm just glad you are ok. You can't beat yourself up about it, it's nothing you can really control. I used to have a roommate who has epileptic on both sides of her brain, I had to take care of her all the time and stop her from hitting her head on stuff. She would always get down about it too. I can't begin to imagine how sucky it is 

I just love that you guys cater to me when I feel like I just want to cry over this stuff (and have over the past few hours), and the kind words you all offer is just as much medicine as these damn pills are <3

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic