i did. i was not pleased about it lol. i'm just so stressed about work lately. the broken heater did not help.

I know that game. The stress builds up, and something just sets it off. Fuck shitty jobs.

yes! i just cant wait til march. thats when the stress should be relieved both at work and at home. we're moving next month as well.

Nice! Staying the same area? Quitting in March?

I know SRC is putting a gun to your head and making you type this, blink twice if you need help

Nope.

As much as people here would like to think that I'm an SRC lackey, I'm not. I've called them out plenty on their needless reissues and releases. Albeit not publicly on the forums.

Nope.

As much as people here would like to think that I'm an SRC lackey, I'm not. I've called them out plenty on their needless reissues and releases. Albeit not publicly on the forums.

I'm just playing around with you, I just wasn't impressed with the SRC pressing but it makes me sad that the original wouldn't be a step up. I heard it was recorded in analog

Nice! Staying the same area? Quitting in March?

sort of. we're moving back to my hometown. my grandmother was moved into assisted living back in august so we're gonna live in her apartment for a year or two to save money for a house. its about 40 minutes from where we live now, which will make my commute to work super long. but at least i won't have to pay rent.

not quitting, no. i can't afford to do that haha. all of our deadlines for the super stressful work are in february. things should settle down by march.

hiiiiii! its not too bad, got to leave work on time and relax at home for the evening. how about you?

At least there are some perks (although you should always be leaving work on time) ;)

Doing well on this end - about to cook up some veggie fajitas while spinning the Jurassic Park OST like the dork I ultimately am

sort of. we're moving back to my hometown. my grandmother was moved into assisted living back in august so we're gonna live in her apartment for a year or two to save money for a house. its about 40 minutes from where we live now, which will make my commute to work super long. but at least i won't have to pay rent.

not quitting, no. i can't afford to do that haha. all of our deadlines for the super stressful work are in february. things should settle down by march.

Ah, well no rent will certainly help. I lived in my Great Aunts house for a year for the same reasons, helped me save a ton of money. Too bad family got involved and wanted to sell it to get inheritance and it crated a big rift between my dad and his cousins. The neighborhood went to shit too, so glad I moved when I did.

Good luck with the house, it's fun, stressful and awesome all at the same time. I'm probably going to be attempting to sell mine in the spring.

I'd still go with that Pro-Ject. Better tonearm, speedbox saves switching belts, and probably a better phono stage. And no shipping cost/risk of being damaged. 

I do really like Grado carts though. I'm digging my green, and will probably grab a 8MZ stylus soon.

I'm definitely still leaning that way. I only live about an hour north of where the U-turn manufacturing facilities are, so you'd think shipping wouldn't be that much of an issue...USPS would probably send it to Phoenix though, for reasons that only make sense to them. Still, buying something that I can take on a test drive sounds like a better idea to me.

I'm definitely still leaning that way. I only live about an hour north of where the U-turn manufacturing facilities are, so you'd think shipping wouldn't be that much of an issue...USPS would probably send it to Phoenix though, for reasons that only make sense to them. Still, buying something that I can take on a test drive sounds like a better idea to me.

I'm pretty sure everything they ship has to pass through Hell Gardens CA

What have they done majorly wrong? Only major issue I can call to mind is the weight of the Illuminate or something.

Oh, c'mon. You're really asking?

Just read through any SRC release thread and you will see all the hating & shitting on them.

Now. I may or may not agree with some of them. My biggest gripe & beef with SRC releases is the too-often focus on doing 90's & early 2000's releases that seem unneeded and taking a cue from a certain other label that takes advantage of the nostalgia factor some get suckered into.

Same. Hopefully one day. Still waiting on that Loveless repress too :/

I don't want to talk about the analog loveless reissue I'm still mad, I traded my plain recordings copy cause I figured it would be out soon (I don't know why I believed Kevin Shields would finish anything in a timeframe he states) that was like 2 years ago, but that UK vertigo copy of Black Sabbath s/t I got for it has really gone up in value

Oh, c'mon. You're really asking?

Just read through any SRC release thread and you will see all the hating & shitting on them.

Now. I may or may not agree with some of them. My biggest gripe & beef with SRC releases is the too-often focus on doing 90's & early 2000's releases that seem unneeded and taking a cue from a certain other label that takes advantage of the nostalgia factor some get suckered into.

My beef is with ETR because of my shitty sounding Doppelganger RP

Same. Hopefully one day. Still waiting on that Loveless repress too :/

I want some Hum on vinyl. I think the SRC repress is pretty decent. I've spun it, I like it, I'd buy it. I don't know why I didn't buy it when it came out. Just one of those 'fell to the wayside' deals. I'd grab an 180g for $20 if it ever pops up. Matt used to sell originals on Analog Earth every so often but I always forgot to check.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic