I don't want to talk about the analog loveless reissue I'm still mad, I traded my plain recordings copy cause I figured it would be out soon (I don't know why I believed Kevin Shields would finish anything in a timeframe he states) that was like 2 years ago, but that UK vertigo copy of Black Sabbath s/t I got for it has really gone up in value

The 2012/2013 Sony remaster is really fucking good. The CD comes with a digital remaster, and an analog remaster. Both sound really good. I believe the analog is the source of the Japanese bootleg, since it sounds very similar and quite good for what it is.

I owned the Plain pressing years ago, it was not good at all. Thankfully I sold it for like $100.

I do have the Electra 2000 he also redid.

DSCN4243.jpg

I've never hear anything pre-You'd Prefer... Worth checking out?

I want some Hum on vinyl. I think the SRC repress is pretty decent. I've spun it, I like it, I'd buy it. I don't know why I didn't buy it when it came out. Just one of those 'fell to the wayside' deals. I'd grab an 180g for $20 if it ever pops up. Matt used to sell originals on Analog Earth every so often but I always forgot to check.

I got the black 180g for $30ppd off discogs. The new repress is $30 new, so it was a good deal.

The 2012/2013 Sony remaster is really fucking good. The CD comes with a digital remaster, and an analog remaster. Both sound really good. I believe the analog is the source of the Japanese bootleg, since it sounds very similar and quite good for what it is.

I owned the Plain pressing years ago, it was not good at all. Thankfully I sold it for like $100.

I've never hear anything pre-You'd Prefer... Worth checking out?

yes and I don't get why they didn't just do the LPs then, they were supposed to be out some 4 months later. The mixes are done, how long does it take to master?

Last update on the Downward repress is from last summer :(

"Update, Wednesday, June 10 (2015)…

Having received the test pressings for Downward several months ago, I ended up not being 100% satisfied with the sound and am starting over. We are remastering and re-cutting lacquers this week. Sorry for the delay. The next obvious question is will we have them for sale during our august and september touring. I would assume not, due to the amount of time pressing plants need these days to keep up with their workload. But I’ll keep the project moving. Also come see Robbie Fulks and Bobby Bare Jr at my bar Saturday, June 20. We can discuss in person and I’ll buy you a Blatz."

yes and I don't get why they didn't just do the LPs then, they were supposed to be out some 4 months later. The mixes are done, how long does it take to master?

Well it is Kevin Shields, he seems to have kinda gone off on the zany pretentious musician deep end.

Last update on the Downward repress is from last summer :(

"Update, Wednesday, June 10 (2015)…

Having received the test pressings for Downward several months ago, I ended up not being 100% satisfied with the sound and am starting over. We are remastering and re-cutting lacquers this week. Sorry for the delay. The next obvious question is will we have them for sale during our august and september touring. I would assume not, due to the amount of time pressing plants need these days to keep up with their workload. But I’ll keep the project moving. Also come see Robbie Fulks and Bobby Bare Jr at my bar Saturday, June 20. We can discuss in person and I’ll buy you a Blatz."

They'll still probably end up shipping before I get my copy of New Bermuda

So, my sister has to go in and have her baby turned around because it's breach and she's due soon...so I just ordered her the Funko Pop! figures of Hagrid and Snape because she's a Harry Potter nerd. I think she'll like them :D Plus on her birthday I got her shit for her baby, so it's nice to just get something for her.

So, my sister has to go in and have her baby turned around because it's breach and she's due soon...so I just ordered her the Funko Pop! figures of Hagrid and Snape because she's a Harry Potter nerd. I think she'll like them :D Plus on her birthday I got her shit for her baby, so it's nice to just get something for her.

That sounds really crazy that they can even do that.

High five, that's awesome

Edit: the gifts of course...I couldn't imagine the other. Pregnancies make me nervous, hence why I got fixed and won't have anymore kids. I was more nervous when my wife was pregnant with our second child than the first

I did photography for Warner Brothers (taking photos of movie props), so I have the hook up with Harry Potter movie props. I have an original Slytherin banner they used in the Great Hall. If you're ever in a pinch for a gift, if your sister wants to kill you and you need to get on her good side, etc. hit me up. I'll try to hook you up.

I did photography for Warner Brothers (taking photos of movie props), so I have the hook up with Harry Potter movie props. I have an original Slytherin banner they used in the Great Hall. If you're ever in a pinch for a gift, if your sister wants to kill you and you need to get on her good side, etc. hit me up. I'll try to hook you up.

WHAAAAAAT?! Hook me UP! She'd go nuts for an original prop  :)

A congrats on having your baby present would be awesome

Now I gotta ask. What other neat stuff have you scored from said photo gig, Matt?

That's the only thing I took. I probably would have gotten more if I went to work in Tokyo (they offered me a gig there, but I said no cause I hmthey don't have tacos).

I had my eye on a dementor cloak...

Harry Potter nerds are the funniest nerds (after all, I am one). I'll do my best and let you know, bud.

They certainly are the least annoying of the movie/tv nerds.

I think that's because there's so many of them. It's a hugely mainstream thing. But I've known some really obnoxious HP nerds, of course they were just obnoxious nerds in general. HP has a lot of "non nerd" crossover.

Yeah, it's incredibly accessible. I think that's why it's so successful. Of course there are always one insanely annoying ones, but it could be worse, they could be Doctor Who fans.

Yeah, it's incredibly accessible. I think that's why it's so successful. Of course there are always one insanely annoying ones, but it could be worse, they could be Doctor Who fans.

I made a follow-up post about Dr Who fans being the worst but my browser crashed and I'm lazy.

But yeah, they're the worst

I made a follow-up post about Dr Who fans being the worst but my browser crashed and I'm lazy.

But yeah, they're the worst

Dr. Who is some of the lowest-quality material I've ever seen to have such a massive fanbase. It isn't even mediocre, it's laughably bad. I was bothered by the fanbase for a while, but I feel pretty justified in not liking it after having seen an episode.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic