My cats hate Pig Destroyer. I do not respect their opinions.

I mean, I didn't mean to make it sound like I respect my cat's opinion on the matter. It was funny as hell though - all through the whole watery-sloshy sounding noise intro to the first song, she was just sitting on the couch looking at the speakers all curious, and as soon as that opening scream kicked in she jerked her head over to look at me all scowling like, and darted off to the kitchen.

Spinning the copy of Hum - You'd Prefer An Astronaut I got today. Was the same price as the repress, and it's 180g black, instead of the crappy white splits they are doing for the repress. Mastering sounds a bit odd, pretty much exactly like the CD, even thought it was supposed to be "remastered for vinyl".

Spinning the copy of Hum - You'd Prefer An Astronaut I got today. Was the same price as the repress, and it's 180g black, instead of the crappy white splits they are doing for the repress. Mastering sounds a bit odd, pretty much exactly like the CD, even thought it was supposed to be "remastered for vinyl".

What is the difference in mastering? I know CF rips are generally frowned upon but what goes into a proper vinyl pressing mastering wise? What's different?

What is the difference in mastering? I know CF rips are generally frowned upon but what goes into a proper vinyl pressing mastering wise? What's different?

Now a days, nothing is usually different. Analog usually sounds warmer, and has slightly more depth (to me anyway). Unless something was recorded in analog and mastered for analog, it's not going to sound different. It's rare to see that now a days. Nothing wrong with a nice hi-res digital master used for the vinyl release, but analog is usually more ideal.

I saw that. I also saw its like $700. So yes, still the 2.2 for now haha.

Really? That's like double the old version. That's stupid, unless they include the acrylic platter and a better cartridge on it.

Really? That's like double the old version. That's stupid, unless they include the acrylic platter and a better cartridge on it.

Not sure if you saw my edit. But the cheaper 2.3 is $499 and they go up to around $700. I think the 2.2 with the acrylic platter will do just find. I know Matt's cartridge is red...I think. The image for the 2.2 on Amazon has a blue cart. So I'm not 100% on what it will come with. Any thoughts Matt?

my friend's grey copy was nothing stellar either, I've always said ill hold out for an OG press

Not sure if you saw my edit. But the cheaper 2.3 is $499 and they go up to around $700. I think the 2.2 with the acrylic platter will do just find. I know Matt's cartridge is red...I think. The image for the 2.2 on Amazon has a blue cart. So I'm not 100% on what it will come with. Any thoughts Matt?

It looks like a new cartridge too. The specs look a little better on it than the tracker. 

my friend's grey copy was nothing stellar either, I've always said ill hold out for an OG press

I would too, if they were not going for insane prices. Hopefully one day we'll see a Downward is Heavenward repress, that is not by SRC.

It looks like a new cartridge too. The specs look a little better on it than the tracker. 

I would too, if they were not going for insane prices. Hopefully one day we'll see a Downward is Heavenward repress, that is not by SRC.

We can only hope, maybe ill just pick up the cd next time I get the itch I bet there's one in the $1 bin or at least under $5

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic