Brian, did you order those speaker wires you asked me about? Thinking about ordering them, but a lot of the reviews say they have that horrible plastic smell due to the casing.

SRC only presses $1 bin CDs Rival Schools, Hum, Juliana Theory, Goldfinger, need I go on? haha

Pretty much. Somehow they manage to sell out those. The first press of Hum they did had like 2000+ copies, and it's long gone.

Brian, did you order those speaker wires you asked me about? Thinking about ordering them, but a lot of the reviews say they have that horrible plastic smell due to the casing.

I did and everything sounds great. When I opened them, yeah, they had a plastic smell. But smelling them now (yes, I just smelled my speaker cables) I don't smell it anymore.

I did and everything sounds great. When I opened them, yeah, they had a plastic smell. But smelling them now (yes, I just smelled my speaker cables) I don't smell it anymore.

Hahaha, that made me laugh for some reason. The banana plus on them ok? Not falling off or anything? I might pick them up for temp. use, since my current wires are like 40 years old, and way too long.

surprising, and it's a shame they didn't do a better job with it

Agreed. Overpriced, poor transfers, that sell like crazy. That nostalgia though.

Edit: How many blink represses have they done now?

They seem to be super sturdy!

Nice. Hopefully I have some money left over after I buy plane tickets... if it happens, still waiting on my friend to get his damn work schedule.

I'm sitting on the Uturn Orbit Builder page, and realizing that I can get the fully upgraded, top of the line, and brand new Orbit with acrylic platter, Grado Blue1 cartridge, cue, and built in preamp for only $70 more than what my home audio shop has the Project Xpression II listed at used. I'm gonna end up changing my mind at least a dozen or so times before I even consider taking my credit card out of my wallet...

I'm sitting on the Uturn Orbit Builder page, and realizing that I can get the fully upgraded, top of the line, and brand new Orbit with acrylic platter, Grado Blue1 cartridge, cue, and built in preamp for only $70 more than what my home audio shop has the Project Xpression II listed at used. I'm gonna end up changing my mind at least a dozen or so times before I even consider taking my credit card out of my wallet...

I'd still go with that Pro-Ject. Better tonearm, speedbox saves switching belts, and probably a better phono stage. And no shipping cost/risk of being damaged. 

I do really like Grado carts though. I'm digging my green, and will probably grab a 8MZ stylus soon.

It's not a bad repress at all, it's sounds good, it's just no different than the CD mastering. I guess I'd have to hear a first press to determine if it was an analog master or not though.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic